Gibson Brands Forums

Here is a new clip, me fighting not to play the Pentatonic

Riffster

This came out Sunday night, I really wasn't planning to record this but ended up laying the rhythm down and then I added a melody, the melody needs practice so I can play it smooth as this was only the second take. Recorded with modeling through a Line 6 UX2.

Shred already approved (the idea of the song, not the playing)

Funny thing is that this isn't my style but I was trying to play something melodic that did not use the Pentatonic and this came out, you can hear the struggle actually, lol

Summer Ain't Over is the clip.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1040297

This came out Sunday night, I really wasn't planning to record this but ended up laying the rhythm down and then I added a melody, the melody needs practice so I can play it smooth as this was only the second take. Recorded with modeling through a Line 6 UX2.

Shred already approved (the idea of the song, not the playing)

Funny thing is that this isn't my style but I was trying to play something melodic that did not use the Pentatonic and this came out, you can hear the struggle actually, lol

Summer Ain't Over is the clip.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1040297

Very nice!! You have a couple killer riffs in there that if worked correctly you'd have a sure hit on your hands. The first guitar riff that comes in at the very beginning is very hooky, you should keep going back to it the tune. Then towards the end, at 1:03, you do another killer riff that could take the track out very nicely just repeating it over and over again and maybe add a second guitar doing the harmony to it... :-)

Thanks guys and Chase you had me going there.

Like I said this isn't even my style (maybe because I can't seem to play it well) but I did grow up in the 80's and do like melodic stuff a lot so I am happy to deviate from my usual and that it came out on the fly.

I have a lot going on at work and at the house right now so I am recording with modeling for the convenience of it but I do have to adjust how I play, once I have the time I will re-record this with my amp to get better playing dynamics and sound so the clip sounds more organic and better performed. I will also add a bass line.

Thanks, really if I had not recorded it I would have thought it sounded borderline crap.

I think the is on the cheessy side but I feel like somehow I broke through getting out of my usual and that's is one of the great things about recording, I hesitated to post it, I am glad I did, initially I had just sent the link to Shred.

I have 2 other song ideas, I'll wait 'till the mood is right and record them, I will share regardless of how they turn out.

Archived