Gibson Brands Forums

Help with Gibson Epiphone

MissysDad

Hi Folks,

I am going through some of my deceased fathers things and i came across a nice looking guitar. I tried to look it up online to get an idea of what the model is or what it is worth, but I cannot seem to find anything. I am pretty sure this was purchased through Musiciansfriend.com? I looked up the serial number, but that didn't give me much useful information. Thanks for any help you can give....

post-35699-051530900 1315339120_thumb.jpg

post-35699-004104500 1315339123_thumb.jpg

post-35699-000369300 1315339126_thumb.jpg

That's an Epiphone Les Paul Custom... but which variation i don't know. It could be the regular Custom or if it has 3 pickups then it could be the Black Beauty 3, i need a picture of the Body but i'm fairly sure its one of the 2 i suggested, based off the head stock. As For what is worth try going to Ebay and just adverage out the prices of the model guitar you have... its usually how i get the price when i post things to sell.

Well, I have been looking through a lot of pics and it looks exactly like the Les Paul Black Beauty, the only difference is mine does not say Les Paul on it. Sorry I couldnt post a pic of the body,but the website will not let you post more than 500k of pics. This does have the 3 pickups though and like I said is identical to the black beauty except it does not say les paul. I know it was purchased from a legitimate website though, musiciansfriend.com I believe.

Sorry I couldnt post a pic of the body,but the website will not let you post more than 500k of pics.

Hi MD, welcome to the forums, great bunch around here, I hope you like it.

You can post as many pics as you want (10 per post I think) if you embed them, info on how to do that is at the top of the DIY thread pinned to the top of the Epi Lounge.

DIY Thread

Well, I have been looking through a lot of pics and it looks exactly like the Les Paul Black Beauty, the only difference is mine does not say Les Paul on it. Sorry I couldnt post a pic of the body,but the website will not let you post more than 500k of pics. This does have the 3 pickups though and like I said is identical to the black beauty except it does not say les paul. I know it was purchased from a legitimate website though, musiciansfriend.com I believe.

You have nothing to worry about. Black Beautys, like other Customs, do not have Les Paul on the headstock, they have the split diamond inlay like yours does. There is a good picture for you to compare with at Sweetwater:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ENBBEBGH

Welcome to the board! We will do our best to help you out so don't be shy to ask any questions you might have.

The Truss Rods all vary, some say Gibson, some say Black Beauty and some says Les Paul Custom but if it has 3 pickups then it is indeed the Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty and used that guitar ranges from $350-500 from what ive seen on Craigslist and Ebay... It all depends on Condition and Desirability. :)

Archived