Gibson Brands Forums

Close friend with cancer has recorded this

Duende

Logan and I became mates through myspace in about 2004/2005. We met each other and our respective families the following year when he came to stay with us and two years later we traveled to New Hampshire, USA to meet him and his family. We became great friends and played live together too. We get on so well we musically just seem to bounce off each other when we meet up.

The last year has been very hard for Logan (and his wife and kids) as he was diagnosed with Cancer a few years back and currently is in hospital having a bone marrow transplant. Despite all this, he looks great and in his usual irrepressible nature, has arranged pieces written for orchestra for two guitars and recorded it all. All the while having all this going on - he is very positive and despises sympathy but I just wanted to say to people here to please, enjoy his music and also to keep him in your thoughts and prayers!

I give you the mighty Logan!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fapNCakMKXE

Ah this is right up my street,well played ,very precise and very clean and very skilful and very nice indeed.I hope that everything turns out well and he a makes a full recovery.

A bump for Logan - he is in great spirits (as usual and doing well!)

Matt

Listening to the video, he is fantastic. I wish him the best, and he will be in my thoughts. My cousin developed leukemia at an early age, cancer can take a toll on you.

I'd tell him to keep up the fantastic music and good vibes, good thoughts will do him a world of good.

Listening to the video, he is fantastic. I wish him the best, and he will be in my thoughts. My cousin developed leukemia at an early age, cancer can take a toll on you.

I'd tell him to keep up the fantastic music and good vibes, good thoughts will do him a world of good.

Dom,

Under his humour and gregarious nature he is such a wise man! His tone, the way he plays phrases (with so much consideration and heart), his ability to arrange pieces that are for a full orchestra and then adapt them for just two guitars...WOW!! - he is one of my musical heroes!!! He is a great shred metal guitarist too [thumbup]

Matt

Archived