BoSoxBiker

Has anyone seen a P-93 Riviera, in use, professionally? I love mine,

but, to be honest, I've never seen one used, in a "live" band, situation,

even on the local level, much less by any of the "big boys/girls." Makes

me wonder "why?"...in a way. It's certainly capable, of professional use,

and sounds. ??? Not enough "snob" appeal, maybe? Who knows? Anyone else

noticed this, or the contrary?

CB

Isn't the P93 a MF/GC exclusive LE model?

Most likely, or better said, I believe so.......I mentioned Sweetwater as an alternative to buying guitars in general if one wants

a guitar removed from the carton and checked out and set up as opposed to a MF run of guitars that is sometimes made in

haste, which SOMETIMES means that the QC slips a bit, and certain individual guitars suffer as a result...............................

ie, my P-3 is great, others are great, and yet, you aren't the first to recieve one that suffers some....I hope that you can get

it fixed, or exchanged...............

• 2 weeks later...

Most likely, or better said, I believe so.......I mentioned Sweetwater as an alternative to buying guitars in general if one wants

a guitar removed from the carton and checked out and set up as opposed to a MF run of guitars that is sometimes made in

haste, which SOMETIMES means that the QC slips a bit, and certain individual guitars suffer as a result...............................

ie, my P-3 is great, others are great, and yet, you aren't the first to recieve one that suffers some....I hope that you can get

it fixed, or exchanged...............

Sweetwater is a good outfit to deal with, that's for sure. I normally don't buy guitars until I've test driven, but this one was not in any store around here at the time. It is now, and in the whole line up of colors. I remember waiting and waiting to see one before diving. I gave up the wait and two month later the local GC has them. [confused]

Update: I finally got to bring it in to GC today. They are not an authorized service center, but was willing to send it back for me and handle the issue. I showed the tech the guitar and he agreed with my assessment and said the only way to fix it without re-positioning the set neck was to reduce the size of the covers, which epi would unlikely do. He would do it and advised that I go to an authorized shop to see if they would. I figured it to be unlikely. My only appealing options were to send it back or to pay this tech to go to town on the covers and get the pickups reduced. Given the situation and the amount of green I;ve dropped there, he gave me a really good price.

I took a moment or two to think about the options. I strolled down to the guitar rooms to check out the ones on display. sure enough, one of them was like mine. Great. What are the chances Epi says it's fine or sends a new one that is only marginally better. That would be a major let down after a two month wait. Besides, I've got mine set up very well. I could imagine getting back one with lower pickups, but unable to get set up as well. I decided to have the tech do his magic. I pick it up next weekend.

I think the string change got me part of the way there. Hopefully, this should get me there or very close. I'll keep this thread updated. [thumbup]

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully the final update. The manager of the local GC called me up and wanted me to bring this back and make a possible switch. I did, and we ended up trading mine and a little cash for a new Ultra III. The local GC did not have to do anything, but they stepped up like champs.

The Ultra III is nice. I'm lacking one bit of software, I think, but it works great on ampps, PAs, my GT-10, etc. The USB connectivity isn't functioning. Hopefully something minor. Anyhow, I'm sad to not have the P-93 anymore, but glad to have something that is not muffled.

Interesting trade........................

In a vacuum, yes. An Ultra II came in second on at least 3 or 4 occasions. The "nanpmag" was calling my name in the form of a cherry burst. The fix they was doing to do burned out a p/up on mine, so I think I stopped a lot of other people from having panic attacks when I offered to get something different. Their semis and hollow bodies well picked through and this was hanging and waving at me.

Alas, they tossed everything that came with the Ultra leaving me with no disk and no driver like is named in the example. I didn't discover I was missing software and I called hopeing they would find it somewhere. No call yet. It's not going to be a huge ussue right yet. Meanwhile, I'll give it some time and see if the next batch corrects the issue with the riviera. Maybe next yea. [thumbup]

Archived