Gibson Brands Forums

2 hole E TRC for my Elitist

Aster1

Looking for a 2 hole TRC (or a 3 hole that fits properly) that is the Epiphone "E" to replace my "Elitist" TRC.

Google Terrapin Guitars. They list the 3-hole Epi cover as something they can make, and they also do engraving. Don't know if they're able to engrave the E or not. Looks like they probably could make the same cover with just two holes if you give them the measurements. As a side note, if you don't care for the Elitist TRC logo, try flipping the cover over & see how you like having the white side up. Personally, I think it looks pretty cool with the white pickguard.

Thanks for the help!! Anyone else able to chime in on this? Just removed my Elitist 3 hole TRC. I just found a fellow that can make 2 or 3 hole TRC's so that's great. But, just a dumb guy question, but how are people mounting the 2 hole TRC onto the Elitist that has the T.R. nut directly under where the 2 hole bottom TRC screw hole is? Are they gluing the screw head into the bottom and just running with the top screw?

I will get a couple of these made and in and then let everyone know what the quality is like. Reasonable priced and nice fellow too. Don't like the laser engraved styles as it limits the plastic you can use and I want the vintage look. He has a standard "cutter tool" engraver that will make like the originals were.

Thanks

Aster

just a dumb guy question, but how are people mounting the 2 hole TRC onto the Elitist that has the T.R. nut directly under where the 2 hole bottom TRC screw hole is?

I've heard of guys putting the round eraser off the end of a pencil into the truss-rod channel and screwing into that.

BTW: there's no such thing as a dumb question.

Archived