Gibson Brands Forums

Thinking about a PRS

VinceS

Recently I've been thinking about a PRS Narrowfield. I'm intringued by the Narrowfield pickups. I've always liked the Mini Humbuckers but haven't been too crazy about Firebirds. Although I think they look really cool, I've never felt really comfortable playing them. I like the feel of SG's and Strats. The PRS has a Strat look and feel. The scale lenght is between Gibson and Fenders. Although I like the Gibson shorter scale, I feel it's a good compromise. Also, their build quality seems excellent.

Anyone familiar with these guitars. Any thoughts or advise out there?

PRS makes amazing guitars and have the best QC in the biz IMO. If you like em, go for it, I don't know of anyone who I personally talk to that has bought a PRS and regrets it. Personally, I don't like em, but that's just me and most of it is the strat shape and the fact it feels "too perfect" to me. I'm weird I know

Hey Vince......R9 is correct, but then, he always is.....[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .....

I have not played the model mentioned, but a couple members here have, and one did buy one.....

He LOVES it, and the quality of the build is amazing...

Archived