Gibson Brands Forums

Asking for a bit of lovin

Enmitygauged

OK so my band is up and running and we've laid a demo. So to all you kind Gibsonites. Im asking if you can go to facebook and Like our page. Plus if you do you'll get to hear the song. Please go easy on the solo as it was I recorded all the guitar on three tracks and Im in no way a lead player so it was thrown together in 10 minutes.

www.facebook.com/pages/Bushkill-park/120592321349611?sk=app_2405167945

We are currently in the top 100 for the local alternative charts Im hoping that with a bit of fellow Gibson love we can make top 50. Dont forget if you do like it to share the link on your own page. We cant see your page only that you liked it all your stuff is private. So give it a listen

Cheers

Colin

I wondered where you went off too..........I'll give it a listen in a while....

Cheers Guys,

Yeah im just back from playing The Hard Rock in Pattaya Thailand and walked into a recording session with the band down one lead guitarist who quit for financial reasons. So yeah I was asked play a solo record this and go for it. got love garage band lmao

Oh man, I love this song. I liked your page and I fucxing loved the song "Line of Fire." Do you guys like Dinosaur Jr.? You remind me a lot of them.

I'll tell all my friends about you. Your band is AMAZING.

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Seriously happy for the response. Cheers man. I use to listen to Dinosaur Jr about 14 years ago. But I cant say I ever really got into them. That "feel the pain of everyone song" I liked. I cant remember the exact words.

The band is an eclectic amalgam, I am into Pearl Jam majorly I was trying to get a band like rise against together. The Bass player was very much into Millencolin and Rise Against so it was settled to sound like them. We put in the lead singer who sounds Nothing Like Tim from rise against. and a drummer who basically listens to direction. The lead singer is into bands like Matchbox 20 and the killers. not so much heavy stuff so we have to beat him a little to go heavy in a few of the other songs. one very heavy song very iggy pop sounding the bass player sings it.

So we started writing. I had a music for line of fire in my head and sent a copy (not of my head) to the singer to work some lyrics. He came back with a lyric that made me want to die inside. So we collaborated changed in and out added a bridge and a bass line and bang the song took shape. It actually only found its current form in that recording. its never been finished. The solo I need to work on and get my chops up to speed to be able to play lead comfortably but yeah Im pretty happy with a recording in the garage of house in the middle of nowhere. :) cheers again man

Oh BTW D

I heard the funniest Joke in Thailand I will tell it in the same broken english the thai girl told it to me.

White man get on bus he see sexy thai lady get on. He wearing shorts and says in head please dont get erection please dont get erection... but then sadly she did. ......... I still laugh

Interesting version......Loved the early demo from back when.....Loved the vid......I still love your solo stuff as well.......

Good drummer......What guitar is the singer playing ??? Great song....Needs a good studio treatment..........................

Your solo playing is good.........We're (me and my family) are getting closer to being set up better ( new home).....

Wanna do some collabing with your songs/skills..........All in due time......I'll set up a link for ya, well, my folks will, I'm clueless,

except for guitar playing...........Great stuff, as always..........

Interesting version......Loved the early demo from back when.....Loved the vid......I still love your solo stuff as well.......

Good drummer......What guitar is the singer playing ??? Great song....Needs a good studio treatment..........................

Your solo playing is good.........We're (me and my family) are getting closer to being set up better ( new home).....

Wanna do some collabing with your songs/skills..........All in due time......I'll set up a link for ya, well, my folks will, I'm clueless,

except for guitar playing...........Great stuff, as always..........

They spent the day laying tracks and I was lucky to just come in play over Ians rhythm and the lay a lead and that little sticato after the solo. all and all 3 takes on the rhythm (mainly cos they'd changed the progression in my absence) 1 take on the sticato and 7 on the lead lol ah just got a text its an Ibanez Jet King.

Im always happy to work with you dude you know that :)

• 3 weeks later...

believe it or not, the old guy gave a listen.

I tend to agree with Damian that it needs a bit of studio work - at least for sure on the lousy computer speakers I used to listen.

But it sounds fine to me. I've always been a bit more minimalist in rock myself and it seems that what I heard had sound all the time - which seems overkill from my gray-haired perspective since basically I do like it.

<grin> I guess I'll never quite get used to that much guitar fuzz though.

m

Thanks mate, yeah it's just a demo so studio time will come. At the moment I am the financial backbone of the group and it's getting old real quick.

Believe it or not that's not even the amp making it so fuzzy. Thats the Ta-15 transatlantic no pedals but it's the vintage 30 cab as soon as I got that cab my whole sound changed.

Thanks for the feed back it's an honour

Archived