Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Elvis Costello

CrazyHeart

I tried out a Costello Century.. this past summer. it was okay.. I wasnt fond of the price though.. up here $3800.00 ...

Im not much into Signiture Guitars.. nor the so called True vintage series guitar.. thats just me..

I tried out a Costello Century.. this past summer. it was okay.. I wasnt fond of the price though.. up here $3800.00 ...

Im not much into Signiture Guitars.. nor the so called True vintage series guitar.. thats just me..

I've played a few of this model. I recall that the first one I tried was pretty ho-hum, but the few I tried afterwords were better , if not excellent.

Bob ("rar" on this forum) found one this year which was absolutely stellar, just a real nice-sounding guitar.

Fred

Bob ("rar" on this forum) found one this year which was absolutely stellar, just a real nice-sounding guitar.

Not long after getting it, I had a chance to compare it to a couple of the originals. These have a pretty distinctive tone, and my EC sounds like a superior example of the same model. It also cost less than either. (I bought it new, but got a good deal.) So, like all guitars, these vary from one to the next, but there are some really great ones out there.

-- Bob R

Archived