Gibson Brands Forums

PC desktop recommendations?

dem00n

Tman5293...you are by far the most annoying person on this forum. No one gives a **** that you are a PC advocate and are militantly anti-Mac. Use what you want...use what works for you. Shut your ******* mouth about what others use/want.

As soon as I saw dem00n post this thread, I knew you'd open your fat mouth with some bullshit. The same bullshit you spout EVERY time a computer thread pops up. You obviously have low self esteem. You need people to KNOW you are right. That's a terrible characteristic for a man to possess. Time to grow up kid.

What kind of performance are you looking to get out it? What are you gonna be using for? For $1000 you could build one sick gaming PC. I could throw together a parts list and get you a price quote.....................................

Using it for? Eh, some games. Mostly just school and internet.

so again, can you build it for that price? Or are you blowing smoke up your butt?

Again, I love the argument PC users say "well my laptop can be dropped!" "yeah, well I own a mac so I'm smart enough not to throw my computer around!"

Anyways, I'm done here.

Dem00n, if you are gonna go the PC route, I'd recommend building one. I'm surprised your Dell lasted as long as it did because with my experience, Dells are complete garbage IMO.

If you want a big boy computer, get a Mac [flapper]

No, any dells past 2006 are horrible, thats when the company went downhill.

I dont like Macs, just not use to them.

Also accidents happen, **** gets dropped.

Tman5293...you are by far the most annoying person on this forum. No one gives a **** that you are a PC advocate and are militantly anti-Mac. Use what you want...use what works for you. Shut your ******* mouth about what others use/want.

As soon as I saw dem00n post this thread, I knew you'd open your fat mouth with some bullshit. The same bullshit you spout EVERY time a computer thread pops up. You obviously have low self esteem. You need people to KNOW you are right. That's a terrible characteristic for a man to possess. Time to grow up kid.

The only time ive ever seen Shred mad!

I'm scared! [crying]

Ok man whatever. I didn't say a damn thing about Macs or Apple until Fred brought it up. He had to say something about Apple/Macs even though dem00n clearly stated that he hates Macs and is not interested in one.

BTW, no one is forcing you to read anything that I post. If you don't like it, then skip over it and don't read it.

Again, I love the argument PC users say "Well my laptop can be dropped and it out performs yours 3:1" "Yeah, well I own a mac so I'm smart enough not to throw my computer around! But for some stupid reason I chose looks over performance."

Fixed.

Using it for? Eh, some games. Mostly just school and internet.

What games in specific? Anything that would be extremely demanding?

Fixed.

What games in specific? Anything that would be extremely demanding?

Well i know that Star Wars the old republic can run on pretty much anything.

I dont know about Guild Wars 2, they wont need something super fast. Just about normal, good video card though.

I thought canadians were supposed to be happy people... [crying]

Well i know that Star Wars the old republic can run on pretty much anything.

I dont know about Guild Wars 2, they wont need something super fast. Just about normal, good video card though.

Well then you wont be needing the whole $1000 unless you want to go all out.

Yeah you don't need much for what you want to do with it. Laptops are nice for college though. I'd save up a little more to get one that'll get you through college. I recently bought a Mac Pro and a Dell Precision laptop (this thing cost me $6,800 AFTER the university discount). But I need a laptop with serious horsepower to do some heavy duty computations. For stuff that you mentioned I'd really go with a Mac. They are simple, they never crash, you don't need to worry about viruses, battery life is much longer than PCs, and just better machines. The Dell will be my last PC purchase.

Oh really? I just checked the specs on your $1000 Macbook. Pathetic is an understatement. It's got a worthless dual core processor, only 2GB of RAM, and only 64GB of hard drive space (on an SSD which would dramatically improve speed but still does not make up for the other worthless parts in the computer). For $1000 I could build a computer that's at least 5 times as powerful. To put together a PC with the same specs as that Macshit, it would only cost me about $300-$400 dollars and it's only that high because of the solid state hard drive which would end up being the most expensive part of the computer. Apple = overpriced garbage.

I never said it would be comparable performance wise to a similarly priced pc. I said they are constructed very well.

All that performance means jack sh!t when your hinges break, screen craps out and your power jack shorts out. I've had three windows laptops (not cheap ones either) that crapped out within two years. MacBooks just have a much better design if you ask me.

You'd also be surprised at how much that glass can take before it cracks.. It's not window glass. Even if you do manage to crack it, it's easily replaced.

I'm not really impressed that you build your own computers... I've been doing that for many more years than you. It's not that hard, especially these days. You need to realize that although specs mean a lot to you... There's a lot of people out there who could care less.

Archived