Gibson Brands Forums

Just curious

Silenced Fred

It happened when STEVEJOSHLAY began posting Gary Moore videos every day........[crying] :unsure: [sneaky] ......

( and when some unnamed big guitar company began using "ebenche wan kanobie" fretboards.......[scared]:-k ...)

when did this place become My Strat Forum?

It happened pretty much right when it stopped being the FUZZ forum-but only because we needed something else to talk about.

If you want to bring back the FUZZ forum, go right ahead. I don't have one yet and I will need to know what to get.

I want to know how it sounds through my Les Pauls and my Strats as well.

It happened pretty much right when it stopped being the FUZZ forum-but only because we needed something else to talk about.

If you want to bring back the FUZZ forum, go right ahead. I don't have one yet and I will need to know what to get.

I want to know how it sounds through my Les Pauls and my Strats as well.

Oh definitely. Well, with an LP, its gonna be more wooly. I have found a nice way to compensate to make it sound more like a fuzz through a single coil is to just roll back on the volume on the bridge pickup with the tone running full blast

depending on what sort of fuzz sound you want man, open up here!

Oh definitely. Well, with an LP, its gonna be more wooly. I have found a nice way to compensate to make it sound more like a fuzz through a single coil is to just roll back on the volume on the bridge pickup with the tone running full blast

depending on what sort of fuzz sound you want man, open up here!

I had only one: a maestro fz1s.It had a slider switch that had a setting that was just flat nasty. super bright. THAT was the setting. Nothing smooth about it, nothing "sweet", but when I wanted to get the nastiest, dirtiest, rounchiest, tone imaginable, it did it.

The best way to describe it is like when you have a beautiful sweet girlfriend, and then she gets pissed and her face changes to ugly as she starts to hurl insults at you that just cut you down to the bone.

I have always viewed the FUZZ as THAT sort of effect. I never used it regular like. The battery didn't last long at all, it wasn't true bypass (so when the battery died, you had to remove it from the rig) and just not worth using or bringing to a gig for the few minutes of nasty.

I had only one: a maestro fz1s.It had a slider switch that had a setting that was just flat nasty. super bright. THAT was the setting. Nothing smooth about it, nothing "sweet", but when I wanted to get the nastiest, dirtiest, rounchiest, tone imaginable, it did it.

The best way to describe it is like when you have a beautiful sweet girlfriend, and then she gets pissed and her face changes to ugly as she starts to hurl insults at you that just cut you down to the bone.

I have always viewed the FUZZ as THAT sort of effect. I never used it regular like. The battery didn't last long at all, it wasn't true bypass (so when the battery died, you had to remove it from the rig) and just not worth using or bringing to a gig for the few minutes of nasty.

well, fuzz is a very diverse effect. I like the Way Huge Swollen Pickle because it can get kinda splatty and nasty, but you can also get an almost liquid sound, I guess you could describe it as

There are millions different types of fuzzes, check some out. The Swollen Pickle can get pretty smooth IMO Dub's the man for fuzz though, that cat knows his stuff

That axe looks familiar.

What is it?

Peavey Strat......Ceramic pickups...I realized they were ceramics when the guitar refused to do anything but metal...[flapper]:rolleyes:[blink] .....

It's quite a good Strat....Just a one trick pony.......

Archived