Gibson Brands Forums

MY KNOBS TOO BIG !!!

lagerfanny

Well my replacement Top Hats in Amber came earlier and are the perfect colour for my new LP Trad but sit way too far off the body because the centre boss is not as recessed as the Speed Knobs.

Can't find any Top Hats on line to suit.

Any idea's/help would be great.

DSC01219600x450.jpg

Guest farnsbarns

Well, count the knurles, either Gibson is using course knurled knobs on the trads or the picture is misleading. Gibson use 24 knurles and epi use 18

My knob is only 3 inches.

Most girls say that's too wide.

Well, count the knurles, either Gibson is using course knurled knobs on the trads or the picture is misleading. Gibson use 24 knurles and epi use 18

My knob is only 3 inches.

Most girls say that's too wide.

Do they call you stumpy the tuna can?

msp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gif

just breakin' balls...

OK !

Maybe I over-reacted a little, maybe my fairly new OCD kicked in a bit too. ( must have all the Stella Artois labels facing upright in the fridge, as an example) anyways,

Put all the knobs on and it looks good, just when you first look down with it on your lap and you see the pot locking nuts under the knobs compared to how close the speed knobs fit etc etc.........

DSC01221912x684.jpg

Fitted the Schaller strap lock pins too using the original screws. Just need to use a bench grinder to reduce the head of the bottom screw so it fits in snug.

and breath....................................more beer anyone?

love you all

Guest farnsbarns

I had one knob from allparts that was cut bigger than the others. all i did was put a little bit of that white tape you put on pipes for waterproofing or whatever, and then put the knob on. Haven't had a problem in over 6 months since i put it on

It's called PTFE. Did that once too.

Archived