Gibson Brands Forums

House of Guitars

Deacon Blue

I just returned from the House of Guitars in Rochester NY. If you haven't been before, put this place on your list to visit. Over 10,000 guitars.

Tons of Gibsons, Fenders, Gretch and more. I've never seen so many Les Paul's in one place. It's part store/part museum as they have one of the largest collections of vintage gear. This is the place that the rock stars shop. Proof is by the photo wall of all the musicians that frequent the H.O.G. From Ozzie to Metallica, Aerosmith to Zak Wilde. Check it out when you get a chance. And yes, I did come home with a new guitar for the collection. This time it was a Fender Baja Tele.

I bought most of my guitars from there. I know their accountant really well. Bruce gave me unbelievable deals. Also, you definitely want to go there when a Gibson rep is visiting. You can squeeze an extra $100 off from the rep.

I also highly recommend you go downstairs to check out their wild collection of records and shirts. Bring your drummer too and let him/her go upstairs (you won't see them for a long time). One time I was there with my drummer and he saw this amazing drum set there. The salesman casually said "oh, yeah, that's Steve Gadd's set." Turns out he's from the Rochester area (I didn't know that).

Here's a young Zakk Wylde at the HOG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTGC4VRuLRM

I just returned from the House of Guitars in Rochester NY. If you haven't been before, put this place on your list to visit. Over 10,000 guitars.

Tons of Gibsons, Fenders, Gretch and more. I've never seen so many Les Paul's in one place. It's part store/part museum as they have one of the largest collections of vintage gear. This is the place that the rock stars shop. Proof is by the photo wall of all the musicians that frequent the H.O.G. From Ozzie to Metallica, Aerosmith to Zak Wilde. Check it out when you get a chance. And yes, I did come home with a new guitar for the collection. This time it was a Fender Baja Tele.

Never been there but it's on my to do list now!

Archived