Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!

clarkuss

I know that it's not an Epiphone but I don't post in the Gibson parts. As for whether it's an electric or an acoustic, I'll go with the former. Hoping to get some nice pics taken this week of all my gear and do some comparison pics/videos of all three of my J-160e styled guitars as I now own 3.

Here's a quick pic I took on my phone:

Tokai J-160e "Bed In" and my newly acquired 1962 RI Gibson J-160e w/ ladder bracing, ply top, p-90 and adjustable bridge with vintage Gibson ceramic saddle.

299106_585412748231_223000709_2936005_1303985106_n.jpg

my newly acquired 1962 RI Gibson J-160e w/ ladder bracing, ply top, p-90 and adjustable bridge with vintage Gibson ceramic saddle.

The few originals I've played were dead as a doornail acoustically, but as I'm sure you're aware, it's truly designed to be plugged in, with that thick laminated top & ladder bracing. Sort of like having a ES flat-top! Should be lots of fun.

Sweet pair,I have the Epi EJ 160 E and she really can sing too.I was wondering about using Pyramid Flatwounds on it,have you tried them,if so what are they like?

Not tried them on any of my 160e guitars yet because I've mainly used acoustic strings on my other two but have ordered Pyramid Gold Flats and GHS Brite compressed roundwounds to try out.

Archived