Gibson Brands Forums

New upgrades - All thanks to Bobby Lee Signature Series

IanMak3103

Hi all,

Sorry that I haven't been posting for a while, as I was quite busy with my new job,

I didn't even have time 2 play my git!!! (She must be sad... [crying])

As some of you might know I've been trying 2 decide whether 2 put a PG or my new git or not. Finally, I must say I've found a perfect solution, which was the Bobby Lee Signature Screwless LP PGs!

I wanted a PG that will protect my git top, but won't cover its beauty + won't need 2 drill holes on her. This PG basically covers all aspects, it's clear + screwless + specially for LPs, and you can't really tell from distance! It's not that expensive compare to normal PGs, only abt US$17 + postage. The postage handling is good, post arrived quite quickly + clear instructions on how to install.

Now, I can play my git freely without any worries, but still maintain it's beauty![thumbup]

From now on, if I've found a git that I love, but doesn't have a PG, I'll know what my solution is!

Here are some pics to share, but sorry for the crappy phone camera.

IMG-20111026-WA0001.jpgIMG-20111026-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20111026-WA0002.jpgIMG-20111026-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20111026-WA0004.jpg

P.S. Sorry for the long post + I'm not trying to be hard-sell, just sharing my experience. [wink]

I guess this really was my perfect solution to my dilemma! I mean it looks good and serves the purpose.

I didn't get to know abt this option until I read a post from another forum the other day, and all of a sudden realized there has been this product available since 2009.

I really would recommend anyone who is interested or has the same situation as myself to try this. I think it's kinda worth it. [thumbup]

That's a great idea. If you're in the mood for a pick guard on your Les Paul then no screws will ruin the top and when you're tastes change just take it off. I wish my Les Paul came with that, I like the pick guard on, but sometimes I think it looks better off.

This looks very cool on your axe, man! [thumbup]

Thanks. It's really a nice looking LP, and like everyone always says, photo's don't do it justice. I like the look of an LP with a pickguard, but just didn't want to drill holes in the body in case my tastes changed (I have NO plan on selling this guitar). This seemed to me to be the best of both worlds, and Bobby is just too easy to deal with.

Thanks. It's really a nice looking LP, and like everyone always says, photo's don't do it justice. I like the look of an LP with a pickguard, but just didn't want to drill holes in the body in case my tastes changed (I have NO plan on selling this guitar). This seemed to me to be the best of both worlds, and Bobby is just too easy to deal with.

I have to say, I can't agree more on that.

He's a good chap, very helpful and responsible. Hope he business can go on!

Archived