Gibson Brands Forums

Got a Gig Next (this) Weekend...

FirstMeasure

Just thought I'd troll a little and see if anyone near Hemet Ca. would want to come out a catch the show. November 5th 9pm-1am.

Usually I don't go posting about gigs here, but the Walk the Walk thread got me thinking it would be cool to walk it live. Mention the forum and you can sit in on a number if you want [biggrin]

It's a pretty small place, but it's always Rockin'!!

Well, I seriously hope no one showed up. The venue double booked and gave us the shaft. We drove 60+ mile for nothing......Oh Well that' show biz (although now we're looking into some bigger places in that area).

No pics 'cause it didn't happen!

Well, I seriously hope no one showed up. The venue double booked and gave us the shaft. We drove 60+ mile for nothing......Oh Well that' show biz (although now we're looking into some bigger places in that area).

No pics 'cause it didn't happen!

Did they pay you, hopefully?

Some venues are just snakes-and it is all too common for them to double book and not care to inform and choose who to treat right and who not to (if they treat anyone right).

But, I have known some to actually treat the bands good.

Did they pay you, hopefully?

Some venues are just snakes-and it is all too common for them to double book and not care to inform and choose who to treat right and who not to (if they treat anyone right).

But, I have known some to actually treat the bands good.

We play for some great people, usually, but this was kind of a bummer. At first the owner was apologetic for the confusion but when we started asking for money to cover the gas in two vehicles she started back tracking. She actually said "I only vaguely remember our conversation and I didn't pencil you in. I always pencil in the band after I book them." Trying to make is seem like we drove 60 miles through the snowy mountain roads just to try and weasel $50 out of her. [cursing]:rolleyes:

I try not to be bitter, and we did make some lemonade. We went down the street to a bigger place and got out foot in the door. We'd been trying to talk to the entertainment director for a couple month, but always missed him. This time he was there and put us in his rotation for fill in bands until he books again next June. So it's wasn't a complete loss.

• 2 weeks later...

They made it good, apologized, and booked us for this weekend (after another band canceled). Being that we're very reasonable we agreed to let bygones be bygones and play this weekend, and they booked us for the next 4 months. Very cool [thumbup]

So, we're there this weekend, the 19th, for 9pm-1am.

Archived