Gibson Brands Forums

Gig Bags

Nitrate

I guess R9 and Chanman are kinda part-snobs - they prefer 'em hard but give advice.

No' date=' I'm full snob...I'm just nice about it.

(I can't believe I'm siding with Axe here...after all the hurtful things he's said to me) heh.gif

I think what Axe said was valid. This thread would have turned into "gig bags are crap" eventually and wouldn't help this guy make a better product. But, even these comments on how crappy gig bags are could be helpful to the guy who started this thread. OK, the consensus is gig bags are sh*t...how can I improve them and make some money doing it?

(You're still a d*ck!) :)

The truth is nobody in their right mind would use a non-protective case to transport their $2,000+ Gibson because there is a greater potential of damaging the instrument. Somebody had a good idea earlier...foam. Not sure if it's feasible and what the case would look and feel like, but it may be something worth looking into. Especially around the headstock/neck.

Nitrate, has this been helpful at all?

Nitrate?

Nitrate?

Hello....................

Gig bags have their place, be it weight, space, cost, all that.

They're fine for my Squier Strat or my Seagull. I am not about to put a four digit Gibson in one.

Gibsons do not belong in a gig bag anyway. They give no support to the headstock in the event of a fall. Gibson is smart enough to build the guitars that they build but they are irresponsible in even offering a gig bag with one of their guitars.

Here's a repair I did on a Studio that was in a gig bag:

http://www.angelfire.com/me4/ksdaddy/repair_Gibson_LPStudio.html

So - according to AXE®' date=' the following are '[i']Fxckin Snobs[/i]' and he is 'disgusted' with us.....

flight959, Thermionik, Bluemoon, kmartem, Old Deadhead, jeff-farkas, Notes_Norton (that's 7/13)

.....because we would rather use a hard case.<...>

If I'm a snob by using a hard case, at least I'll get my Epiphone to the gig in one piece ;-)

I guess I'm also a snob because I take the Epi to the gig and leave the Gibson at home ;-)

Really, if you want to protect your guitar, get a hard case. SKB flight cases are light and not very expensive (not compared to the price of your guitar). Your guitar will arrive safely and you will be able to play the gig.

If that's being a snob, so be it ;-)

Insights and incites by Notes

Archived