Gibson Brands Forums

Rush on Paladia

canon_mutant

Hey some dude is playing "my" wine red Lifeson Axcess on Paladia right now!

He's not having popping issues, picking up radio stations, or DVR interference. [confused] [see Custom Section topic]

Rock on Alex . . . [thumbup]

Geddy is having more and more trouble with the vocals all the time. Years of screaming has taken its toll . . . :(

Still good though. =D>

Can't wait for the new album to come out. I always loved Geddy's singing. When they play 2112 nowadays they tune down a whole step though. Still rocking after all these years and filling stadiums. Just think about the number of bands that have come and gone since Rush's beginnings in the early 70s!

You seriously need to own 2112!!!!

The whole album [those big round things before your time] was great but the 1st 20 minutes is the best heavy metal of all time IMO.

:rolleyes:

I have CDs and vinyl, but thanks for that.

I have listened to Rush, and Lee's voice always ruins it for me

Can't wait for the new album to come out. I always loved Geddy's singing. When they play 2112 nowadays they tune down a whole step though. Still rocking after all these years and filling stadiums. Just think about the number of bands that have come and gone since Rush's beginnings in the early 70s!

Yeah I noticed the drop D tuning too on the snakes and arrows tour when they went into the temples of syrinx.

Yeah I know Geddy's voice puts people off but they have had a solid following since the days of 2112. Plus they are musician's musicians. Learn YYZ and you'll know what a Spanish Phyrgian scale is all about. Learn Freewill and you'll know a Lydian scale. Learn the solo to Tom Sawyer and you'll know about a Mixolydian scale. Learn mostly any tune and you'll learn to play in various time signatures. Study Alex Lifeson's solos and you'll know how to play in a melodic manner. Listen to how Geddy and Neil complement each other and you'll learn about what it means to have a tight beat coupled with a progressive bass. It's all in one package.

As I said I can't wait for their new album. Caravan seems like they are going to go nuts. Geddy lays down some mean bass lines and Alex pulls a solo from out of this world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btoEgIlhbUc

I can see why he did the custom axcess. An hour in and Alex hasn't put it down yet. He used to switch guitars every couple songs.

Agree with every thing you said Rocketman! [thumbup]

Though as always, it's an acquired taste.

Whoops he just picked up his burst Axcess. Showing video of Neil on guitar, Alex on base, and Geddy on drums.

There was a time when Geddy wasn't having with vocals?

To each his own. But Rush songs wouldn't be the same without Geddy's vocals. Especially the older stuff. Yeah his voice is struggling these days, but anybody's voice would after 30+ years. They still rock to me and still are my favorite. [thumbup]

:rolleyes:

I have CDs and vinyl, but thanks for that.

I have listened to Rush, and Lee's voice always ruins it for me

From what I have heard of your singing, you both seem to have the same vocal register.

Not trying to make fun of you or make a joke, but you might learn something from the way Geddy sings.

Archived