Gibson Brands Forums

What about this Riff?

bluesguitar65

Stylish riff! You love that photo man...hats off to your wife she must be proud.

Little bit of constructive noncriticism--possibly place the mic a little closer to the amp/sit a little farther away. It's only noticeable to a fairly seasoned ear I'd bet but you can hear the guitar unplugged in the background. (unplugged meaning raw not literally unplugged..)

Anyway, overall sweet playing and even sweeter gear my friend!

-Anothaguy

p.s.... I know this is a Gibson lounge, and it'll always be my all-time favorite, but....some sounds can only come out of strats, as demonstrated above [thumbup]

Stylish riff! You love that photo man...hats off to your wife she must be proud.

Little bit of constructive noncriticism--possibly place the mic a little closer to the amp/sit a little farther away. It's only noticeable to a fairly seasoned ear I'd bet but you can hear the guitar unplugged in the background. (unplugged meaning raw not literally unplugged..)

Anyway, overall sweet playing and even sweeter gear my friend!

-Anothaguy

p.s.... I know this is a Gibson lounge, and it'll always be my all-time favorite, but....some sounds can only come out of strats, as demonstrated above [thumbup]

Thanks! Yes, that photo was a kokak moment indeed.

Thanks for your advice, very helpful. Keep them coming :) I was using one of those handheld recorder, TASCAM DR-40 which is similar to a Zoom H2N with the X/Y conddenser microphone. I wasn't playing loud and I did have the recorder on a desk about 4 feet away from the amp. I guess I should turn up the volume a little perhaps?

Tasty! Not normally a fan of delay, but it worked well here. And yeah, if you turned up the amp you'd not hear so much of the pick. It sounds like you are a real hard picker, so you might benefit from being further away from the mic also. Good stuff - I enjoyed it.

Tasty! Not normally a fan of delay, but it worked well here. And yeah, if you turned up the amp you'd not hear so much of the pick. It sounds like you are a real hard picker, so you might benefit from being further away from the mic also. Good stuff - I enjoyed it.

Thanks! Yes, I have a really heavy attack on the strings. This is why I use heavier gauge strings 11-52 and have my action set a little higher than normal.

Archived