Gibson Brands Forums

Have you ever seen an exact one like this beauty??

Jaco

Hi Gibson fellows how have you all been?

I bought this beautiful Gibson Les Paul Florentine few years ago from a collector in the states, along with an original 1968 Les paul Standard.

Les%20Paul%20Custom%20Florentine%20Custom%20shop%20sparkle%20gold%201997%20front%206.JPG

He claimed this Florentine was a special order by some famous musician.

During the making of it, it fell and suffered a crack, the musician didn't want it and this is how he got it straight from the factory.

He Also claimed Gibson only made 3 Sparkle top Florentine guitars with this kind of sparkle in 3 colors: Gold(mine), Silver and Blue

I have no way to prove this, nor it matters much to me as I bought it for it's beauty, not it's rarity.

but I'm sure you guys can help me out here for the curiosity,

Have you ever seen one just like this one? with the bigsby, the big flakes of sparkle?

You can see many pictures and Hear it here: Tonepedia - Les Paul Florentine

thanks,

J

I have seen a blue sparkle Custom Florentine at the old custom prior to the move to the new location. What year is the gold one you have? Have you checked with Gibson customer service to have them check with the custom shop about the info.?

Hi CR9 and all the gang,

The serial number on it is CS 9107 , so I guess it was made in 1999...?

I've never checked with gibson costumer service, never thought they can help or really keep track of all the info...

I'll do that and let you know what I came up with.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I have one just like it! A '96 Model. (I think it was called a Bantam elite then and became a Florentine in the following year???

I really wanted to believe it was a one off, but looks like not.

I have also seen a stop tail bridge version on you tube.

post-15185-075412300 1334748439_thumb.jpg

Noel Gallagher played a silver sparkle Les Paul Florentine in the late 90s - could be your famous guitarist. I don't know how rare they were though. Cool looking guitar although the bling factor is a touch over the top for my tastes.

Archived