Gibson Brands Forums

BLACK FRIDAY

RS1976

I absolutely REFUSE to shop Black Friday. My wife dragged me kicking and screaming to BF a year ago. NEVER AGAIN! The pushing, the shoving, the long lines, the out of stock door busters.... it goes on and on.

Honestly, my wife has been to most BF sales in the past umpteen years. She's gotten the 'door buster' deal of the century. The $25.00 electronical device that others in that genre sell for ten times that. However THIS device would properly sell for about $10.00, because it is featureless, low quality and didn't make it to Valentines day. Fill in whatever 'device' you want.... The bigger it is shown on the BF sale flier the quicker it will die. We have NONE, count them, ZERO extant door busters to our name. They all die a quick death. It is better to re-gift than to give a door buster to anyone for Christmas, other than your sworn enemies.

This year my wife had to work and I vocalized my plans for BF: "not shopping," quite early. If she wants to go in the up coming years, she will have to take a friend or daughter. I ain't going! =;

... I spent around 600 bucks and saved around 850 bucks.

Did you really save $850? Did you put $850 into your savings? Or do you mean that you spent $850 less than you would have spent had you purchased the goods at retail? There is a difference. [scared]

Archived