Gibson Brands Forums

Okay I found my next guitar..

Dallastx

This will be number 8. Since I'm getting older 5 hours with a Les Paul around my neck wasn't happening anymore. I got to the point my back could tolerate 1 maybe 2 sets with the L/P and my Tele. My Ash Tele weighs almost as much as my L/P. So, I would mostly play my Strat. The Strat sounded good on some tunes but was missing the fullness I wanted. I don't use many effects. After playing a S G at G/C, I was hooked. Light and sounded awesome. Is my main guitar now. Well. I miss my ES330 and my Dot from the past but I didn't want a semi with a big body..

Now I hafta figure out a way to talk my wife into a ES 339. It feels awesome and is the right sized semi I was looking for.

D

I think the 339 is a good bargain and I have one on the way. I have had 3 of them so far and friends keep talking me into selling the 339 to them after they play them for a while, As a temp. solution, Epiphone is coming out with a 339 and I think some will be available in a couple of weeks. An Epi 339 might hold you over until you can get the Gibson version.

I think the 339 is a good bargain and I have one on the way. I have had 3 of them so far and friends keep talking me into selling the 339 to them after they play them for a while, As a temp. solution, Epiphone is coming out with a 339 and I think some will be available in a couple of weeks. An Epi 339 might hold you over until you can get the Gibson version.

I don't recall seeing pictures of yours. Can you post some? I'd love to see them. I love my 339. For me it was a size issue (I'm 5'8") and I couldn't get used to a 335. When the 339 came out I was sold. I think it's Gibson's best new product in a long time.

I don't recall seeing pictures of yours. Can you post some? I'd love to see them. I love my 339. For me it was a size issue (I'm 5'8") and I couldn't get used to a 335. When the 339 came out I was sold. I think it's Gibson's best new product in a long time.

I hadn't thought of it until now, but I don't think I ever took any photos of the 339s I have had. I just checked and can't find any. I will post photos of the new one when it gets here. Hopefully within a week. I know at this point it is almost done and just waiting for final assembly. I too could just never get used to a 335. I still think that the Johnny A. is the best guitar Gibson has come out with in a long time but the 339 is running a close second.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my new 339. PWburst (Pale Whiskey burst) with a medium walnut stain back and sides. 3 piece maple neck with Grovers, RS Super pots, Russian paper in oil caps and special wound Burstbuckers. Most awesome guitar I have had. Sorry about the poor photos but it is not nice enough outside for natural light shots. These colors are pretty close though.

top.jpg

back.jpg

Just got my new 339. PWburst (Pale Whiskey burst) with a medium walnut stain back and sides. 3 piece maple neck with Grovers, RS Super pots, Russian paper in oil caps and special wound Burstbuckers. Most awesome guitar I have had. Sorry about the poor photos but it is not nice enough outside for natural light shots. These colors are pretty close though.

top.jpg

back.jpg

That looks phenomenal! Did you custom order it? other than the size and shape, it isn't much like mine. I love mine but I might love yours more. The PW burst is sensational.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's one gorgeous axe, CR9! Congrat's!!!

I may chime in on this post since I too am waiting for my next Gibby: a CS-336 Figured Vintage Sunburst. Ordered it Saturday, will (hopefully) arrive later this week. Hopfully in one piece...

Here's a rather crappy pic from the dealer:

CS-336--2.jpg

Archived