Gibson Brands Forums

What's Jackson Browne's Gibson J-35 blonde like guitar?

gotomsdos

It's a McAlister.

Here's a Linky

Wow ! Thank you Danner !

It was baseed on Gibson Roy Smeck.

What a coincidence that Roy McAlister reproduces Roy Smeck ! haha

And more, I read there is also Jackson Browne's signature Gibson model based on Gibson Roy Smeck under the suggestion by him. what model is it ?

Prior to this, I know there has been a Jackson Browne's signature model J-45.

Right ?

Did y'all see the latest issue of Roling Stone Mag in which Jackson was playing what appeared to be a Roy Smeck in natural .... It looked so nice that I couldn't tell if it was a period original (I know he is a collector of such, the Gibson Jackson Brown being modeled on the Smeck) or if it was a reissue. Any idea?

Did y'all see the latest issue of Roling Stone Mag in which Jackson was playing what appeared to be a Roy Smeck in natural .... It looked so nice that I couldn't tell if it was a period original (I know he is a collector of such, the Gibson Jackson Brown being modeled on the Smeck) or if it was a reissue. Any idea?

That's his 1990s reissue Roy Smeck Radio Grande, which I also played and which also is a nice guitar.

That guitar doesn't sound like a baritone. He has capo on fret 2. Sounds great, whatever it is. He has such amazing tone.

Hmm. Good point. I'll ask him whether he has 2 McAlisters. The one I played and that he had on tour was definitely a baritone.

Thanks.

Archived