Gibson Brands Forums

Old Dogs---about old dogsd

MissouriPicker

Andy R lost a pet a week or so ago and on his thread I posted the lyrics to this song. Someone asked if I had it on YouTube, and I didn't then, but do now. I put-together some old photos and you'll see some of the old dogs my wife and I have owned. [thumbup]

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMissouripicker?feature=mhee#p/u/0/R-fDqpjaJOI

Being the animal lover that I am this little song touched me, especially after losing two of my buddies to old age in the past year. I also sent a link to gilliangirl via facebook hoping that it would brighten her day.

Thanks, Fred

Andy R lost a pet a week or so ago and on his thread I posted the lyrics to this song. Someone asked if I had it on YouTube, and I didn't then, but do now. I put-together some old photos and you'll see some of the old dogs my wife and I have owned. [thumbup]

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/R-fDqpjaJOI

Aw, how sweet is this?! I can "see" every word you're singing, and I love your voice, the gentle touch of the guitar work, the 'monica, and, of course, the barking.

"They grow up inside of your heart and then you can't let them go." Nice, nice!!

[thumbup]

Thanks for the nice comments. It's fun recording the different tracks. Kind of makes me feel like I can actually play something. The bass-pluck-pluck is my J150, with the bass toned-down a bit. The kind of quiet arpeggio is a uke. Ukes are a blast. Real, real easy to play, and just cool. And the harmonica...lol...so long as you're in the right key, it's tough to hit a wrong note.

Moishe, I've seen that video, or something very similar before. It's funny. Lots of things can be funny when presented in the right way, and I certainly have no issue with this. :-({|=

Archived