Gibson Brands Forums

a picture of Ren (thanks Fred)

JuanCarlosVejar

...........................................................................................................................Ready to take questions. . . .

............................................................................................................RenFerguson.jpg

..............................................................................................................................................................?

Guys I found this picture of Ren and I wonder what he was thinking :0)

IMGP4566.jpg

thank you for your contribution to Gibson acoustics and to music in general

blessings and kudos on your new projects .

JC

JuanCarlos:

I can tell you what they were up to. They were busy picking woods and thinking about different combinations for my wife's custom order L-200. In the photo above, they were looking at a three piece neck, I believe.

In this one, they were comparing different pieces of maple for what would become the three-piece back for that guitar:

IMGP4570.jpg

Here, Ren has tested a bit of the blue stain:

Pickingcolours1.jpg

And that became this guitar:

IMGP4866.jpg

...which from the front, looks like this:

IMGP3939.jpg

On the underside of the top, Ren inscribed "Wear this one out and we'll build you another!! Ren Ferguson". He won't need to worry about that!

Fred

If we're sharing favorite pictures of Ren during his Gibson years, here's one of mine: Ren and Andy Babiuk (author of Beatles Gear) at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, measuring John Lennon's '64 J-160E.

RenAndAndy.jpg

-- Bob R

Ren jamming with bulletin board members at the homecoming last June:

roll_025_114.jpg

roll_025_102.jpg

Then here's one more pic J1854ME took of Ren and me at Yellowstone which I am posting to impress Moishe:

IMGP6928.jpg

I call him the Renster cause he and I are tight like that. Okay I don't call him that but I just had to say it.

Archived