Gibson Brands Forums

Help me identify !!!

poopcicle

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/2793953266.html

Not sure if it is even an Epi or something in the family but figured the collective knowledge here may be able to help! I've got an email into them and regardless of brand(unless someone identifies it as the biggest piece of @$&$&%& they have ever seen) I'm gonna pick it up if I can!

Hmmm...well, its some sort of Les Paul doublecut P90. Looking at the rear cavity cover and pickguard, I'd say its not an Epiphone. That, and for the price, its not a Gibson. It has a set neck, but what appear to be cheapo tuners. It could be anything.

But for $30, who cares. Buy it.

P.C.

For thirty bucks?....I'd be calling the person right now.....

If it had the potential to play...I'd buy it.

As best as I can recognize, it is a cross between a Gibson double cut Melodymaker..(controls position), a LP Junior...(Dogears and pickguard shape modified for two pickups), and a Special...(two pickups).

Juniors have one dogear pickup. Specials have two soapbars and a completely different shape pickguard.

Melody makers are also considerably thinner than Jr.s or Specials. It would be interesting to see how thick the guitar is.

Anyway, never heard of that brand but, it looks like fun.

I've spent more money on a campfire just for one night's fun.

Willy

The pickups alone are worth more than $30. I'd be all over that guitar. I never see deals like that around here. The best one I've seen recently was for an older Charvette with some shorted out electronics for $50. I dont need another shredder, but it was listed at night and gone by the time I would have had a chance to inquire about it.

The pickups alone are worth more than $30. I'd be all over that guitar.

I put in an email this morning first thing when I stumbled on it and followed up with a second right before I posted this! they have my cell and email if he/she still has it and wants to sell I hope they call! I'm out of work early today and tomorrow looks like a bit of a snow storm so..... perfect opportunity to screw around with this thing! [thumbup]

Could easily be a Greco, Burny or even Tokai, all of them excellent guitars you'd better hurry for that money.

Billerica Massachusetts, yes.

Thanks RTH!

james_edward if you are in Mass and interested in the guitar then no it is not Billerica Ma! If you are not interested then yes it is Billerica Ma! [flapper]

Archived