Gibson Brands Forums

For near $13,000.00 you can have this....

Gilliangirl

Sweet. My dealer bought a guitar the other day right after I left. A lady came in with her daddy's guitar and didn't know what it was. The dealer wasn't quite sure either, something about a tag, so he offered her 300.00 for it and sent it for an appraisal. Turns out it was a 1942 J-45 worth 8500.00 in that condition. He's going to sell it and give her more money for it which is totally the right thing to do. Good karma for him.

Karen-

Thanks for the post--- since that's right up the street, I might have to stop in and see it!

I love old gibsons- and maple- but every time I've decided to 'up' what I'd be willing to pay for a grand old (maple) gibby, the price jumps beyond me. =D> ($13K++??)

Anyone else have a similar experience with that?

Oh! Hoss' date=' if you go and test drive it, please post a review? Not that I could buy it or anything, but I like to know what I'm missing LOL[/quote']

And fer goodness' sakes, take along a camera and post some pics!

Fred

Hmm ...undeliverable. I don't know why it would do that. Maybe I typed my email addy wrong in the IM. It's ayla883@aol.com. If that doesn't work maybe you could just tell me the name of the song(s) and I could look it up somehow.

I've been good, thanks! Still taking lessons with the metal guy. He's teaching me theory, which doesn't require much playing at this point, but little light bulbs are popping on all the time! It's great to finally start understanding what it is I've been playing. He's improved my technique in what little areas we've covered as far as playing and I've seen what he can do - so versatile. I really think I've finally found myself a teacher. One bad thing ...he's SO freaking arrogant!! LOL!!! But, I guess he's got the goods to back it up.

What have you been up to? Ever get those bluegrass classes going? OH! And I so believe in karma, too. So much so that right now I'm reading "Buddhism For Dummies." w00t!

Hey Pet, just as long as you don't get arrogant when you reach that level. lol My first two teachers were incredible. I stayed with them for years. My third teacher had a touch of that arrogance, but didn't show it all to often. thanks for bringing back memories. LB =D>/

Archived