Gibson Brands Forums

Ace Frehley Rules!

deepblue

• 1 year later...
I don't get the Ace Frehley attraction. Truely do not understand it. He really isn't very good.

Do you ever think about the entertainment aspect of what a professional musician does? Many people just discount him because they can't deal with the theatrical aspect of Kiss. I used to get beat up by people like that when I was a kid, but now, my band does an entire set of kiss, and we get hired all over town. Many musicians think Kiss is a big joke until they have to play some.

The Space Man has an uncanny sense of timing, very cool old-school influences, and seriously hard-to-cop vibrato (you should try it, before you knock it). He also looks cooler than anyone holding a Les Paul ... with or without makeup.

I like ace, what i don't get is KISS [thumbup]! The riffs are way too simple and choppy, the lyrics are week and poppy, Genes playing is usually not him (at least on record), and Paul Stanley can't sing.

The only thing they had going for them is th one thing they can't hang on to. That's Ace, Vinny, and Bruce. (hey, they should form a supergroup with Peter Criss [cool])

I like ace' date=' what i don't get is KISS [confused']! The riffs are way too simple and choppy, the lyrics are week and poppy, Genes playing is usually not him (at least on record), and Paul Stanley can't sing.

The only thing they had going for them is th one thing they can't hang on to. That's Ace, Vinny, and Bruce. (hey, they should form a supergroup with Peter Criss [thumbup])

Hey, that sounds awesome! Frehley, Vincent, Kulick and Criss anyone?

Sounds like the biggest thing since West, Bruce and Laing.

I like ace' date=' what i don't get is KISS [confused']! The riffs are way too simple and choppy, the lyrics are week and poppy, Genes playing is usually not him (at least on record), and Paul Stanley can't sing.

The only thing they had going for them is th one thing they can't hang on to. That's Ace, Vinny, and Bruce. (hey, they should form a supergroup with Peter Criss [biggrin])

Like I've said before in this forum, Kiss gets automatically discounted by people that cannot deal with the theatrical aspect of what they did. So much so that they'll say anything to attack them as musicians. The thing with Gene isn't true sans a few tracks, and Paul Stanley didn't need to be a great singer. It all worked.

E

Like I've said before in this forum' date=' Kiss gets automatically discounted by people that cannot deal with the theatrical aspect of what they did. So much so that they'll say anything to attack them as musicians. The thing with Gene isn't true sans a few tracks, and Paul Stanley didn't need to be a great singer. It all worked.

E [/quote']

Are you saying I have to like Paul Stanleys lack of voice because they wear cool makeup. I have to like Genes Bland BAss playing and "Get Off" on the over simplistic power chord riffs, and really like the commercialized SOUND (not look, but sound), because Peter Criss wanted to look like a Cat?

Archived