Gibson Brands Forums

parlor 12 string

dchristo

There are probably a lot more of these around than the larger-bodied B-45 series. At any one time, there are usually a half dozen of these on ebay. I'm pretty sure this is just the same size body as the six-string LG series.

That's a nice guitar, but the neck/headstock repair cuts the value in half.

There are probably a lot more of these around than the larger-bodied B-45 series. At any one time, there are usually a half dozen of these on ebay. I'm pretty sure this is just the same size body as the six-string LG series.

That's a nice guitar, but the neck/headstock repair cuts the value in half.

There the same size .... there also Headstock heavy..

There not all the Much to buy... 750.00 for a decent one.. just about all Ive seen needed a neck set ...

I sold the one I owned to a young lady , she had a hard time hanging on to it.. it wasnt balanced out very well... even with the Heavy Tailpiece..

Also keep in mind that the short 24.75 scale tends to accentuate tuning problems inherent in 12s and its a really wide neck. Blues songsters Guy Davis and John Koerner have gotten some good sounds with these (or the Epi version).

*nomenclature note: 'Parlor' originally referred to '12-13' guitars (Martin styles 1 and 0). These days, it tends to get used for any small guitar. For the record, B25s, LGs, & L00s are "concert" (00) models. A rose by any other name..

Archived