Gibson Brands Forums

Okay, I am a little nervous

hfdoll

With all the posts about fake LP's floatin' on ebay and possibly other places - I am now starting to sweat! I saw pics of those fakes (the goldtop and the boneyard), and I have to say: from a glance they look like the real thing. My R7, and R8 have the custom shop cases, and the certs. The serial numbers are on the back of the headstock, but I take it that this may not be enough proof...is it?O:)

Did you buy them from a dealer?

Run the numbers.

Relax.

Drink a beer.

Murph.

Yes I purchased them at an authorized dealer. Can I run the numbers on line, or do I have to pick up that 500 lb phone (which I will).

I saw pics of those fakes (the goldtop and the boneyard)' date=' and I have to say: from a glance they look like the real thing. [/quote']

If you read one of my replies, you'll see where I mentioned the ones in the photos are the real thing. He swiped some photos from the web. The guitar you might actually receive wouldn't look anywhere near as nice as those.

If you read one of my replies' date=' you'll see where I mentioned the ones in the photos [i']are[/i] the real thing. He swiped some photos from the web. The guitar you might actually receive wouldn't look anywhere near as nice as those.

+1

So did I

The goldtop is 100% genuine...

I think I know the seller the pics were stolen from too!

Flight959

If you read one of my replies' date=' you'll see where I mentioned the ones in the photos [i']are[/i] the real thing. He swiped some photos from the web. The guitar you might actually receive wouldn't look anywhere near as nice as those.

Sorry about my ignorance, but I react at a kneejerk (I'm like the government in that area). I have been seeing all these doom warnings about what is real and what is not - I freak out. I am not at my 'attention to detail' mode at this state.

Archived