Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbilt AJ500R

99999jj

I have had an AJ500R on order since before Christmas. The shipping or "expected" date keeps moving to the right. Now it is something like March or April. I checked other online retailers and they have different dates but also keep slipping. Does anyone have inside information on what the real story is? I emailed Epiphone customer service and they have not even bothered to return my email. Its pretty inexplicable to keep customers hanging like that. Meanwhile, there seems to be a fair amount of B stock on eBay and elsewhere which does not do the brand image much good.

Wow, thanks. That must be a new change on the epi site as a couple of weeks ago, they were showing as current. I wonder how it is that epiphone dealers can have "more coming" if they are out of production? That means that they have my credit card info but realistically have no intention of ever shipping me a guitar. I cant believe it. Well I do, but it stinks.

OMG, This is how legends are made, and I have 3 reasons to celebrate. Discontinued??? Why? Not good enough, or too good, and giving someone else a run for the money? I knew these were going to be special. Now I've got something to will to my grandkids. Only wish I had bought more than 3. Oh well, i did get 3 gems. Might be fraid to play em now.

Wow, thanks. That must be a new change on the epi site as a couple of weeks ago, they were showing as current. I wonder how it is that epiphone dealers can have "more coming" if they are out of production? That means that they have my credit card info but realistically have no intention of ever shipping me a guitar. I cant believe it. Well I do, but it stinks.

Maybe Epiphone stopped building the current line-up after they shipped the stock your retailer is expecting, or will cease once they fill outstanding orders like yours. And, it may be that Epiphone will release new versions of these models, with new model numbers, like AJ-525, or something like that. We will have to see.

In the mean time, I would contact your retailer and ask them to verify with Epiphone that the guitar you've ordered is in indeed on the way; that way, you will have the information you need to decide what to do next.

Red 333

OMG, This is how legends are made, and I have 3 reasons to celebrate. Discontinued??? Why? Not good enough, or too good, and giving someone else a run for the money? I knew these were going to be special. Now I've got something to will to my grandkids. Only wish I had bought more than 3. Oh well, i did get 3 gems. Might be fraid to play em now.

no offense but i think that is a bit over the top. guitars are getting cheaper and better all the time. in 5 years time, production in china will be all that much better. i wouldn't hold my breath for any guitar going up in value that much these days.

I have had an AJ500R on order since before Christmas. The shipping or "expected" date keeps moving to the right. Now it is something like March or April. I checked other online retailers and they have different dates but also keep slipping. Does anyone have inside information on what the real story is? I emailed Epiphone customer service and they have not even bothered to return my email. Its pretty inexplicable to keep customers hanging like that. Meanwhile, there seems to be a fair amount of B stock on eBay and elsewhere which does not do the brand image much good.

I just got an AJ500R NS on Saturday, and I really really like it. The tone just clicks with me. It seems to me that it is a steal at the price point. I had sold a 30 year old Korean made Epiphone that never really clicked but this one is great. I also am very suprised at the workmanship being so nice. Does anyone have recommendations on what to put on the natural satin finish? I have a spray bottle of the dunlop formula 65 polish - will that do? I notice that the finish shows oils and fingerprints - not that I really give a hoot.

I just got an AJ500R NS on Saturday, and I really really like it. The tone just clicks with me. It seems to me that it is a steal at the price point. I had sold a 30 year old Korean made Epiphone that never really clicked but this one is great. I also am very suprised at the workmanship being so nice. Does anyone have recommendations on what to put on the natural satin finish? I have a spray bottle of the dunlop formula 65 polish - will that do? I notice that the finish shows oils and fingerprints - not that I really give a hoot.

Congrats on your new AJ.

On the finish....just use a soft cloth dampened with water.

no offense but i think that is a bit over the top. guitars are getting cheaper and better all the time. in 5 years time, production in china will be all that much better. i wouldn't hold my breath for any guitar going up in value that much these days.

It's not about worth, it's about gems coming from gravel pits. Every decade or so, something good comes from somewhere unexspected, like from Japan for instance, and it kicks the crap out of your fathers idea of whats "good".

It's not about worth, it's about gems coming from gravel pits. Every decade or so, something good comes from somewhere unexspected, like from Japan for instance, and it kicks the crap out of your fathers idea of whats "good".

Knock it off with the name calling..... I editied your post

Archived