Gibson Brands Forums

1964 FT 90 El Dorado

RonnieO

I found a 1964 El Dorado that is a 8of 10 but needs tuners. What would be a safe value to place on it if I wanted to buy to resale?

A '68 WENT FOR $1000 ON EBAY AWEEK OR TWO AGO.Machines should be individual Klusons with METAL buttons.

Condition is vital & if yours has the huge pickguard they are more sought after.Pics would be nice.

A '68 WENT FOR $1000 ON EBAY AWEEK OR TWO AGO.Machines should be individual Klusons with METAL buttons.

Condition is vital & if yours has the huge pickguard they are more sought after.Pics would be nice.

I have a 4yrs old Epi Les Paul custom. A guy wants to trade me the FT90 and a Crate Blue Voodoo 120w head for the Epi les paul. He says its a 8 out of 10 but needs tuners

I have a 4yrs old Epi Les Paul custom. A guy wants to trade me the FT90 and a Crate Blue Voodoo 120w head for the Epi les paul. He says its a 8 out of 10 but needs tuners

I would be all over that trade and would not give a second thought to the missing tuners. Just make sure you check the FT90 out real good cuz the trade sounds a bit too good to be true.

My concern is that there are no tuners on this guitar...meaning there are no strings on it either. There is no way to check the action to make sure it is even playable in that regard. Sounds too good to be true to me. I would only consider the trade if he put tuners on it and strung it up to be able to check the action and playablility.

In a nutshell, this guy want to trade a potential $1000+ guitar + a $200-300 amp head for a $600 LP Custom. Sounds fishy to me.

My concern is that there are no tuners on this guitar...meaning there are no strings on it either. There is no way to check the action to make sure it is even playable in that regard. Sounds too good to be true to me. I would only consider the trade if he put tuners on it and strung it up to be able to check the action and playablility.

In a nutshell, this guy want to trade a potential $1000+ guitar + a $200-300 amp head for a $600 LP Custom. Sounds fishy to me.

+1 RTH, wise as alwayssss

Good point's made here.

If your buying it for a ready to go guitar and not wanting to put it back to mint Id say RTH has the best point.

If you are going to have it restored then the action is not going to be an issue here as a complete restoration would be fixing everything. If this is the case just get the the best price for it as you can, then find a good guy to restore it right the first time.

The thing is that he claims its an 8 out of 10. In my mind, that means it might show slight wear, but should be a playable guitar. I'm just hoping this guy isnt misrepresenting this guitar. If it is in such good condition, why wouldnt he just invest a few dollars to buy the tuners, install them, string it up and sell it for what its really worth? I'm just very skeptical about things like this. This guitar could have neck issues and you wouldnt know it until the strings were on.

Archived