Gibson Brands Forums

Alternative to playing on a Saturday

Silverbursted

Chan - cool but for whatever reason all I could think of was Monty Python. you dress up or you actually whack each other with sticks?

We do middle ages re-creation. Real armor' date=' and the weapons are made of rattan (the stuff wicker furniture is made of). Full contact, middle ages style combat. It's not coreographed, either... skill vs skill. Hits are called on the honor system. You can see anything from one on one tournaments to full scale wars with a cast of 1000's.

Here's a video. In the opening fight, the guy in the red (Madach) is my "brother". It's a bit long, but it shows some of what we do (the video is the second picture down):

Guys with sticks

It's something to do to work off stress ](*,)

Good thread, silver!

What do I do for fun?...

When I'm not playing guitar I'm playing piano. When I'm not playing piano I'm memorizing lines for the next Shakespeare (I do a lot of acting- and yes it is a form of entertainment for me.) When I'm not memorizing I'm either watching Family Guy, Two and a half Men, or the Simpsons. And when I'm not watching TV? I'm either eating, sleeping, or working- or all three at once. :)

That about sums it up for me.

Archived