Gibson Brands Forums

Scored a new Flanger this weekend....

cabba2203

It's an old Ross Flanger (Big black box with an AC cord) - online demo of these from gearmandude, it sounded great.

I can't wait for it to arrive & add it to my board!

Does anyone have one of these? I know the red one was the made in USA and had internal trim pots for additional tweaking.

I was just wondering if the black one had the same trim pots or not. In any case, the black one should sound killer as it is.

post-14968-024002300 1329762916_thumb.jpg

Very cool, man. I know a dude at another forum has one of the red ones and he spoke very highly of it. He actually sold it recently and I wanted to scoop it up pretty badly.

Do you have it in your possession yet? Why not just crack it open to see if the trim pots are there?

I have to say though.. Be careful adjusting those trim pots. They were put in place to tune your pedal so that it isn't noisy and so that it works properly. They're not really extra controls for tweaking your sound. They will change the sound, but you could easily just end up ruining the sound and not be able to set it back how it was.

Do you have it in your possession yet? Why not just crack it open to see if the trim pots are there?

No, not yet. I won it Saturday and it's shipping out today, so I hope I'll have it no later than Friday.

I can't wait to check it out. Thanks for the advice on the trim pots, I'll be sure to mark the current setting prior to screwing around with them.

Cool flanger. I had one of their old chorus pedals for years. Shoulda kept that.

Yeah, I had an old orange original Ross phaser back when I was a kid, got it on the cheap in a bargan bin for what I recall under $20. LOL - all those old clunky FX, like EHX and such used to sell for nothing...now they are "vintage gems". If only I could time travel.

I found an old external spring reverb unit in the garage awhile back. I should clean it up and see if anyone still buys/uses those things.

Archived