Gibson Brands Forums

New Pedal Day

JamGuy

After nearly 3 hours of non stop playing I figured I should come up for air... I won an Ebay auction for a Maxon PH-350 Phaser, it arrived this morning, and I'm utterly blown away by it. It's beyond description. I was interested to see if it would lend a more MuTron-like tone to my Emma Discumbobulator, which already comes very close, and it's spot on now. Using a pretty mild, slow phase setting following the envelope filter it nails it... I guess the original MuTrons used photocouplers like the PH-350 does and the combination of the two pedals is magic... like Ol' Jerry himself floated right down from heaven and sprinkled his magic on my guitar rig.

If anyone has ever wondered why someone would drop that much $$$ on a phaser, I now understand perfectly why. They pop up on Ebay occasionally for far less than originally retailed for... of course they've been discontinued but it's worth taking a look. I replaced a Phase 100 with the Maxon and there's really no comparison... anyhow, I just needed to set down my guitar for a few minutes and thought I'd share. 5+ out of 5 for this little number, maybe the most inspiring piece of music gear I've ever purchased! [love]

Sounds cool. [thumbup] My Mutron Phasor II went up in smoke (literally) a few years ago. I miss that sucker. Would love to hear some slips of this one if you can manage it.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I get a new jam vid posted so keep your eyes out... B)

The next stomp box on my list is the Tech21 RotoChoir,it is an absolute dead ringer for the Leslie cabinet and like the true Leslie you can have the virtual top rotors working seperately from the virtual bottom rotating drum.One can be on slow speed while the other is on fast or both can be the same speed,you can even get it to do the overdrive growl that Leslies were famous for when used with a maxed out B-3.This pedal is a Godsend to save the backs of Leslie users ike me as it beats lugging around a beast that can weigh up to over 200lbs. You can hear the demo here and if you are used to the true Leslie you'll be blown away. http://www.tech21nyc.com/ they recently received an award for technical excellence and innovation for developing the pedal.This will come in extremely handy for me doing the Hendrix covers-Angel and Little Wing should sound deadly with this rig and they go for the pretty reasonable price of around $220.

I've had a PH350 for some years now, I too won it in an ebay auction...top phaser! I love the 3 different stages which enable you to get so many different phaser sounds, and it excels at slow sweeps. If you run it in stereo, one channel is direct/dry and the other the phase. When I put another phaser/univibe before it...sonic cathedrals. If I get the settings right the harmonics are just amazing. The PH350 is 'the one'.

Archived