Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement for Wine Red Les Paul Traditional Pro has arrived

patrick2099

I received the replacement for the damaged Les Paul Traditional Pro, that I had ordered from Musician's Friend. There were a few very minor cosmetic issues with this one, but it is definitely a keeper. The was a very small blemish on the paint of the headstock, where the finished paint meets the unfinished paint, and some of the binding near where the necks meets the body is yellowish. Also, one of the tone knobs sat as high as the volume knob, when it is pulled out for coil splitting.

The finish problems are so minor that you would really have to be doing a thorough inspection to notice. The knob was fixed in about three seconds, using the t-shirt method that I saw on another forum.

I haven't used a fret rocker, but unlike the guitar that I sent back, the frets on this one appear to be very good. There are no dead notes, and no fret buzz. I did adjust the action, but this is a personal preference, and not a defect. The neck had just the right amount of bow, and after I changed the strings, I only had to adjust the intonation on the high E string. After using some lemon oil to clean the fret board and polish the neck, it is a lot more comfortable to play, and plays a lot faster. I was very impressed at how well the guitar was set up.

The electronics were all functioning properly, and the annoying 60-cycle hum from my first LP were not present in this one. I need to lower the neck pickup slightly, but once again, this is just personal preference.

All in all, I am very satisfied with this purchase. It looks great, sounds great, and was a good value, in my opinion. I attached a couple pics. Sorry for the quality, but my cell phone doesn't take the best photos, and I'm not much of a photographer... Bad combo...

post-40501-009628700 1330273121_thumb.jpg

post-40501-090867700 1330273127_thumb.jpg

Archived