Gibson Brands Forums

COME ON MAN !!!!

sicilian69

Ok , i want the new Prophecy gx . went to long and mcquade , put money down ( great guys to deal with , in lethbridge any way)

they tell me they will call epiphone to see when aprox delivery will be , so went in today and was told september .... september !!!!! wtf. got me wanting one ,but now i have to wait till september !! man o man . why advertise it 8 months before you can deliver it .. o well, im more disapointed then mad

so any one wanting one prepare to wait

by the way if any one from epiphone would like to explain why the long wait it sure would be apreciated

• 1 month later...

That explains why the expected dates listed on American Musical Supply's website changed from 5/25/12 to 8/17/12 last week (Musician's Friend still has the expected date as 4/27/12). I'm guessing that could change to September or even later based on what that dealer said. And two emails directly to Epiphone about the release date have so far gone unanswered, which doesn't seem like good customer service to me. But that's another topic.

Ultimately, I really like the look and specs of the Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus EX (as opposed to the previous model) and was all set to buy one. I'll continue to wait, but it doesn't give me a good feeling with a delay such as this. One can't help wondering if there are build issues that could affect the quality of these guitars. And if they take too long before making them available, there's a good chance I'll end up finding something else to buy instead.

Most music companies announce their new models for that year at winter NAMM early in the year, it's where all the press gather to feed on such news, understandable, so even though a particular model may be announced in Jan/Feb, it doesn't necessarily mean that the launch date is then, it may be much later in the year. It's terribly frustrating, but that's just how it seems to work, not only for Epi, but for all manufacturers.

Ok , i want the new Prophecy gx . went to long and mcquade , put money down ( great guys to deal with , in lethbridge any way)

they tell me they will call epiphone to see when aprox delivery will be , so went in today and was told september .... september !!!!! wtf. got me wanting one ,but now i have to wait till september !! man o man . why advertise it 8 months before you can deliver it .. o well, im more disapointed then mad

so any one wanting one prepare to wait

by the way if any one from epiphone would like to explain why the long wait it sure would be apreciated

Just curious... how much is Long & McQuade charging? Cuz they're $599.99 USD at Musician's Friend, shipped to Canada (expecting to ship 27 Apr 12).

Just curious... how much is Long & McQuade charging? Cuz they're $599.99 USD at Musician's Friend, shipped to Canada (expecting to ship 27 Apr 12).

im paying 695.00 , .... after exchange ( altho its very close to par) and shipping i think its close to the 599.00 usd . and if i have a problem i can deal with a store face to face. and im sure that delivery date from will change from musicansfriend ( if not i may go that way)

its good to know that its commen practice to announce months before release , frustrating yes ..

im paying 695.00 , .... after exchange ( altho its very close to par) and shipping i think its close to the 599.00 usd . and if i have a problem i can deal with a store face to face. and im sure that delivery date from will change from musicansfriend ( if not i may go that way)

its good to know that its commen practice to announce months before release , frustrating yes ..

it looks like free shipping to canada with orders over 500 usd from musicansfriend , may have to talk to long & mcquade to see if they can match , keep ya posted

Nothing is more frustrating than a "expected by" date that keeps getting pushed back. :( I know because I couldn't wait on one and bought something else. As it turns out it must have happened that way for a reason because the Epi LP Custom Pro that I bought instead is the best guitar I ever held in my life. China is building some serious geets these days. Point of this story is: Everything happens for a reason. KEEP SHOPPING! You'll find "YOUR" guitar soon enough! [wink]

it looks like free shipping to canada with orders over 500 usd from musicansfriend , may have to talk to long & mcquade to see if they can match , keep ya posted

I had another thread here about my Tribute Plus that I had bought from MF for $599.99 USD, with free shipping and the final cost after conversion, GST, Duty and UPS Bond Fee my final out of pocket cost was $693 CDN. Which was still way cheaper than the quotes my local music store or L & M offered. [thumbup][thumbup]

So is there anything different about these other than the paint job? I also can't seem to find the SG version on the Epi site. Discontinued?

coil tapping ang gibson humbucker pick ups (i like the pick ups) coil tapping will add another sound to play with.

will give it a test run before giving final payment.

i havent seen anything on the sg

Archived