Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup Rings

vinny6strings

Recently purchased an Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute model. There is a gap between the bottom of the neck pickup ring and the top of the guitar on the base side, where the ring meets up to the fingerboard. I am trying to figure out if the ring was not properly made or the top of the guitar is off. Anyone else had this issue?

Recently purchased an Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute model. There is a gap between the bottom of the neck pickup ring and the top of the guitar on the base side, where the ring meets up to the fingerboard. I am trying to figure out if the ring was not properly made or the top of the guitar is off. Anyone else had this issue? .

Vinny,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the guitar.

We normally say "pics a must" but in this case it might help clear things up.

IF I understand what you are saying. the corner of the pickup mounting ring that is

nearest the toggle switch is raised up above the body???

Have you tried removing the corner screw....pushing the ring down against the body....and re-inserting the screw.

It may have been put in at an angle and bound up on the plastic of the ring.

Without seeing it I can only guess.

Also, if this is the case, these are easy fixes if you want to take the time to do them.

Willy

Recently purchased an Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute model. There is a gap between the bottom of the neck pickup ring and the top of the guitar on the base side, where the ring meets up to the fingerboard. I am trying to figure out if the ring was not properly made or the top of the guitar is off. Anyone else had this issue?

No.

Take it back, or contact Epiphone for warranty work.

Call the seller and tell him about your issue. He may give you a discount on the purchase.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Or do as Willy advises.

Ya beat me to it.

The gap isn't at the screw end. It is toward the middle near the fretboard. I removed the screws because I thought something was trapped underneath, but it was clean. I ordered a replacement from AxParts in Nashville. Hopefully it will solve the problem .

The gap isn't at the screw end. It is toward the middle near the fretboard. I removed the screws because I thought something was trapped underneath, but it was clean. I ordered a replacement from AxParts in Nashville. Hopefully it will solve the problem .

Sounds like ya got it covered?

Anything we can help with?

Willy

The gap isn't at the screw end. It is toward the middle, near the fretboard. I removed the screws because I thought something was trapped underneath, but it was clean. I ordered a replacement from AxParts in Nashville. Hopefully it will solve the problem .

I received the replacement pick up ring from Classic Ax in Nashville, TN. The creme color match was spot on. The fit was better, however, there is still a slight gap, but it is now equal on both sides of the fretboard....not as bad as the original.

I considered sending it back to American Musical Supply for another guitar, but the one I have now is a replacement for the 1st guitar that I ordered, which had finish flaws. I am convinced that no Epiphone will be perfect and the next guitar will have another issue. Epiphone is just like the parent company, Gibson, with quality control issues. It is disheartening to think that such an iconic company like this could have the amount of quality issues that they do.

Whatever happened to the idea of quality instead of quantity?

As a side note, if you need genuine Epiphone replacement parts for your Epiphone guitar, call Classic Ax at 615-254-8058. Greg works on all brands of guitars and knows his stuff.

Archived