Gibson Brands Forums

adirondacknaphobia

blindboygrunt

So that's how they make Nanowebs!

I love the description of the tone. Profound and soft = bassy and quiet. So a waste of good research money, then.

lol , congrats on being the first wit , thats quite a good one too . i thought this would be a good news story for the pun kings and queens in this place :)

but you get first prize

lol , congrats on being the first wit , thats quite a good one too . i thought this would be a good news story for the pun kings and queens in this place :)

but you get first prize

Aw shucks, thanks BBG. Just wait till Wily wakes up. This one surely has legs.

Update. No takers? Oh come on! These strings will never work on a resonator with a biscuit bridge...

Update 2. Don't just Sitka there! Spruce up those spider puns.

Do you go on the web to find these strings? Do you think these strings are that good, or is this just someone trying to spin the facts? If any kind of insect got stuck on these strings, it would really bug me. Maybe these could be used instead of my "silk and steel" STRINGS???

What the ??

I read the subject matter and I'm goin' hmmmmmmm....what the heck is this thread about ???

Fear of red spruce tops ??

LOL

I still don't get it, unless yer tryin't to convey arachnaphobia, the fear of insects ???

Entertaining though [thumbup]

Harmonics101

What the ??

I read the subject matter and I'm goin' hmmmmmmm....what the heck is this thread about ???

Fear of red spruce tops ??

LOL

I still don't get it, unless yer tryin't to convey arachnaphobia, the fear of insects ???

Entertaining though [thumbup]

Harmonics101

did you not read the news article in the link ?

Okay, I admit, I didn't read it IN DETAIL.

I read it like any other normal Attention Deficit Disorder type person would read it nowadays LOL

Lemme re-read it , so there was some mention of red spruce in that article ??

Harmonics101

Blind Boy , I reread that article, and only one or more of the following holds true:

1) Yer tryin' to pull my leg

2) You don't exactly know the term for fear of insects - no its not ADIRONDACK NAPHOBIA

3) You have the incorrect link attached to your email

Harmonics101

Firstly Arachnaphobia is fear of spiders not insects, Harmonics. Secondly, BBG is punning on said phobia and the acoustic player's obsession with tone, as commonly evidenced by their desire for adirondack tops rather than sitka, or in some cases the other way around. So an obsessive preference for sitka would be akin to adirondacknaphobia. I think that he is connecting that obsession with this rather odd research project which does seem to bend the hunt for the perfect strings a step or two too far. In any case, I laughed. At the title and at the news story.

What the public really want's to know is,

How many Garden Spiders were abused or died to make this one set of strings? Hummmm?

This is an outrageous animal, or arachnoid, story before us and you guys are poking fun at it. Don't you have any hearts or feelings? When I thought of these poor little fellers, or shela's, being forced to spin webs all day, and maybe even night for all the heck we know, and under bright lights even, it just makes me sick. Things shouldn't die or be abused like the poor chickens laying eggs till they drop dead on the nest either.

Aster

(well, I at least don't like the chickens fate. Spiders are best when seen from a distance or with their legs all curled up under them. You know, dead!!!)[flapper]

What the public really want's to know is,

How many Garden Spiders were abused or died to make this one set of strings? Hummmm?

This is an outrageous animal, or arachnoid, story before us and you guys are poking fun at it. Don't you have any hearts or feelings? When I thought of these poor little fellers, or shela's, being forced to spin webs all day, and maybe even night for all the heck we know, and under bright lights even, it just makes me sick. Things shouldn't die or be abused like the poor chickens laying eggs till they drop dead on the nest either.

Aster

(well, I at least don't like the chickens fate. Spiders are best when seen from a distance or with their legs all curled up under them. You know, dead!!!)[flapper]

But they eat flies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tojKdGW7TBA

Archived