Gibson Brands Forums

You ES339 Owners out there

Alanbama

Thanks guys! I used her for the first gig last night! I just couldn't put it down. I used the 339 all night at a long party! I really love this guitars sound, weight, and playability! It's a pleasure to play. I usualy change to Duncan pups, but these sound great to my ears. I play a lot of classic rock and blues covers, with ocasional Country and they work wonderful for me.

• 2 weeks later...

The strap came loose last night and I almost dropped my 339! Today I put a set of Dunlop straplocks on it. They are black but I already had them and they look fine. I'm not gonna gig with out straplocks anymore! This is still my favorite guitar. It's the only one I have played since I got it. It's just that good.

Well God is truly good. I finaly got a 339! THe mail order places were back ordered bad so I took a chance and called my local dealers. I found one at a place called Bailey Brothers. I played her all day yesterday. She's natural color, and another guy had them holding it for him but he didn't show up Friday or Saturday so I got it! You all were right, it was well worth the wait. So for eveything works like it's supposed to and after I put a set of GHS Boomers 10's on it and set it up the way I like, it sounds and plays wonderful. Thanks for all your input.

I am trying to resist a GAS attack for the ES339. Enjoy!

Hello everyone. I just joined the board. I have an ES339 on order. Those of you who have one, how are they. Are you glad of your purchase?

I just got my Ebony ES339 today, I got it from http://www.americanmusical.com/. I ordered a case for it from Sweetwater, they were in stock.

I just barely got it unpacked. No problems with the finish. The action is setup really high, too high for my taste, and the strings feel like cables. I am used to lighter gauge I guess. Gonna put some GHS boomer 10's on it, or maybe even 9's. I can't really say much about it yet, everything works, no hums. Not sure I like the way the knobs sit so high. It's way lighter than I expected, but I guess that's a good thing huh? One reason why I bought this was the size and weight intrigued me. I love my old Dot, and this one won't replace it, but it might be a keeper. The smaller size makes it easier to handle than the Dot. Neck is fine. No pic's, my wife is out of town with the camera. I would have ordered the Cherry, but my Dot is Cherry, and I thought the black would look nice, but I have to admit, I miss seeing any wood grain, but I got what I ordered..lol

Will need to break it in, and see about lowering the action, it's set higher than any guitar I have ever owned. Why? I don't know.

Not sure about the pickups yet, need to change strings and height and get the feel of the thing. Not disappointed with my purchase so far.

I bought a beautiful Orange PRS SE Santana last month. Really nice well made guitar. I still can't play like Carlos tho..lol.., this one feels similar. Both are light and small.

UDATE!

Put some GHS 9's (yes 9's)on it, and lowered the action a bit, not much. Much better. I think when the strings get broke in it's going to be awesome. Will it replace my Dot? Heck no. I love my dot.. [thumbup]

I am trying to resist a GAS attack for the ES339. Enjoy!

GAS attack was irresistible! I got my Epiphone ES339 Pro and hard case on Friday from my local music store. Vintage Sunburst. I really do like it!

Those 57 classics are the bees knees. Love mine. It's my cheapest gibbie and I probably play it the most. Of course that's partly because I sometimes just grab it and play it acoustically on the couch late at night when I am fighting for sleep.

You'll like it!

Sorry, I own the Gibson version. Haven't played the Epi version but I'm sure it's fine too.

Archived