Gibson Brands Forums

bird pu problem

dc3c46

Hi Firebird players!

My Firebird V has following problem:

the bridge pu produces only 50 of the neck pu volume, I discovered this lately

and it was not like that before.

Anyone have an opinion?

Hello It Seems You Have A Question About Your 50 Of The Neck PU Volume? OK, What Happens When You Play It? Does It Seem To Not Play Very Well? Please Say What Problems You Are Having. My Recommendation Is Either Go To The Gibson Repair Store Or .. Your Local Music Store And Find The "Guitar Tech" Down There And Tell Him The Problem. I Hope This Helps

-Joshua

Hi Firebird players!

My Firebird V has following problem:

the bridge pu produces only 50 of the neck pu volume, I discovered this lately

and it was not like that before.

Anyone have an opinion?

Have you noticed much more noise (buzz or hum) in the bridge pickup them the neck pickup?

It can either be a wiring problem, or the pickup is already somewhat older, making the magnet inside loose its strength (getting microphonic also).

Kind regards,

Stijn

Alnico magnets lose less that 1% of their power over 100 year span. Ceramic loses even less. The problem described is output not feedback or microphonics.

DC, Ok Your Model Of The Guitar Is The FireBird V So, You Are Having Troubles Making Your Guitar Sound Louder Hmmmm....... Probably It Is Your Pickups If You Have No Idea What your Pickups Are Then CHANGE IT!!!!!!! I Fix Guitars So I Would Go Ahead And Recommend Seymour Duncan Pickups They Are Great For Your Instrument!. If You Don't Know How To Put A Seymour Duncan On Your Guitar Go Down In The Music Store And Ask The "Guitar Tech" There Or If You Don't Want To That Go To GuitarCenter And Find A "GC" Garage (GuitarCenter Garage This Is Setup And Maintenance For Your Guitar).

Here Is The Seymour Duncan Pickup:...Seymour Duncan Electric Guitar Pickups

I Recommend That One Get The Expensive Ones :) If You Cant Afford It Get The $100.00 Seymour Duncan With The Link I Posted In There... I Hope This Helps On Your Firebird V....!!!!!!! And You Should Intonate Your Guitar, Adjust The Action, Get New Strings As Well ;) Have A Good One!!!

-Joshua

Archived