Gibson Brands Forums

Humidification and Electronics

Joe M

Even though humidification season is about over here in the Midwest, a thought just came to me....do sound hole humidifiers, like an Oasis, have any effect on the electronics in your guitar, like on a newer J45 or Hummingbird? Seems like all that moisture, right next to the workings, including the battery, may not be a good thing....

Comments????

Even though humidification season is about over here in the Midwest, a thought just came to me....do sound hole humidifiers, like an Oasis, have any effect on the electronics in your guitar, like on a newer J45 or Hummingbird? Seems like all that moisture, right next to the workings, including the battery, may not be a good thing....

Comments????

Interesting question. I would think its a NON issue as the humid levels are not huge and modern electronics are used to a certain level of humidity....

:-k

I've been using a sound hole humidifier in my guild jumbo for about 2 years now that is equipped with electronics, and I have used it reliably everytime I've plugged it in. The only I would see arising from the water would be if you put your humidifier in the hole with water dripping from the element as opposed to damp. I could see that causing trouble with the electronics as well as the guitar.

Archived