Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: Old stock 2006 ALLEYKAT HS

LPDEN

Having been given a really bad case of GAS from another thread for an Alleykat model, I sought one out and found an unsold old stock model. Because the shop had it for 6 years unsold, I asked what sort of discount for their 6-year old guitar (trying as hard as I could of not giving any outward signs that I was drooling and desperate to buy this even at full retail cost!). Well, I must have played it cool enough since they sold it to me at their original cost. I checked it over and other than some light pick marks on the finish, it's otherwise perfect and just needed a set of new strings and a cleaning. Even the action was fine.

I present to you my new old stock 2006 Alleykat HS (Honey Sunburst)

SAM_0001.jpg

1331843256[/url]' post='1150723']

Excellent find, fantastic looking guitar with a terrific pickup combo out of the box, enjoy and HNGD.

BTW: just a heads up, you can place up to 8 pics in each post.

Yes, happy to locate this...

I know about the multi pics per post, but when I post from my iPad for some reason it doesn't copy multiple pic file selections... It just copies one link at a time.

Well, off to a Jam at my buddy's house tonight. I'm bringing the AlleyKat...

Yes, happy to locate this...

I know about the multi pics per post, but when I post from my iPad for some reason it doesn't copy multiple pic file selections... It just copies one link at a time.

Well, off to a Jam at my buddy's house tonight. I'm bringing the AlleyKat...

Good deal, have a ball at the jam.

The AlleyKat was a hit at the Jam tonight! I have to clean out the selector switch and the bridge volume pot as they got a case of the crackles soon into the mix. Other than those 2 minor hangups, the AlleyKat was on it's "A" game being played through a borrowed Blackstar HT-20 combo.

The AlleyKat was a hit at the Jam tonight! I have to clean out the selector switch and the bridge volume pot as they got a case of the crackles soon into the mix. Other than those 2 minor hangups, the AlleyKat was on it's "A" game being played through a borrowed Blackstar HT-20 combo.

<triple thumbs-up>

I'm not envious, not at all, not even a little bit, honest.

On an entirely unrelated subject, do you have a will? Who are your beneficiaries? What are their phone numbers? <_<

LOL! Sorry, my son is heir-apparent to all my instruments. That's probably why he encourages me to add to my collection... [smile]

As the guitar from hanging around the guitar shop for 6 years, it had picked up a fair share of surface swirl marks and pick scratches. I gave the guitar a treatment with Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0 when I got back home tonight and WOW! The finish is like brand new with no evidence there were ever any swirlies, scratches or pick marks anywhere. I swear by the Meguiar products, they really do a great job! any time I have used it I followed it up with a Dunlop guitar cleaner and a polish and it's looks brand-new.

Got yourself a very sweet deal there. Been trying to find an Alleykat myself, through all sorts of dealers, wholesalers etc.

Sometimes you just have a win don't ya? Congrats.

P.S. If you could just put me in touch with your son, I'm sure we'd get on real well...

Got yourself a very sweet deal there. Been trying to find an Alleykat myself, through all sorts of dealers, wholesalers etc.

Sometimes you just have a win don't ya? Congrats.

P.S. If you could just put me in touch with your son, I'm sure we'd get on real well...

Check the eBay link I just posted above. There is an '05 I found through a search that is up for auction.

Check the eBay link I just posted above. There is an '05 I found through a search that is up for auction.

Unfortunately, that Alleykat is in the States; I'm not! Most won't ship form the US to Aus, and even those who are willing to get quotes for huge freight charges - I've been down that road several times. I did however just come across one in Aus (albeit in a different state, a long long way away). Not sure I could take a punt on a guitar without seeing it in the flesh, even if it is as amazingly beautiful as a sunburst Alleykat. Still mulling...

Unfortunately, that Alleykat is in the States; I'm not! Most won't ship form the US to Aus, and even those who are willing to get quotes for huge freight charges - I've been down that road several times. I did however just come across one in Aus (albeit in a different state, a long long way away). Not sure I could take a punt on a guitar without seeing it in the flesh, even if it is as amazingly beautiful as a sunburst Alleykat. Still mulling...

Hey another Aussie, 'ow are ya' mate, I've bought 45 or 50 guitars from overseas, still works out way cheaper even with the freight, though I think the rates increased slightly last year due to new security screening procedures, or some such.

Hey another Aussie, 'ow are ya' mate, I've bought 45 or 50 guitars from overseas, still works out way cheaper even with the freight, though I think the rates increased slightly last year due to new security screening procedures, or some such.

Hey man. 45 or 50 huh? Are you on meds for that issue?! I have been looking overseas now that I've pretty much decided on an Epi Wildkat or Alleykat. The Wildkats go for $300 from Sweetwater, and the cheapest I've been able to find here is $697 - unbelievable. With shipping it does still beat the local price but there are two issues - warranty, and the ability to physically check the guitar out before taking it (besides the fact that a lot of the dealers won't/can't actually ship here). I have however just seen one on ebay in Qld for $350 that looks very nice. Could I bring myself to buy a guitar without seeing it in the flesh? Dunno.

Hey man. 45 or 50 huh? Are you on meds for that issue?! I have been looking overseas now that I've pretty much decided on an Epi Wildkat or Alleykat. The Wildkats go for $300 from Sweetwater, and the cheapest I've been able to find here is $697 - unbelievable. With shipping it does still beat the local price but there are two issues - warranty, and the ability to physically check the guitar out before taking it (besides the fact that a lot of the dealers won't/can't actually ship here). I have however just seen one on ebay in Qld for $350 that looks very nice. Could I bring myself to buy a guitar without seeing it in the flesh? Dunno.

LOL, I'm a weird bastard, for the most part the guitars I've bought personally are the ones I like the least, the ones bought online have been pearlers.

I'm pretty much the opposite end of the scale (just as weird, but in the other direction!). I only have two guitars - I've had both of them more than 20 years, and there's no reason to think of parting with either of them. One is a beautiful Sada Yairi classical and the other is an old (Samick) Dot. The Dot was an opportunity I couldn't pass up at the time, but I never really played it until recently. I've now gotten into the whole electric thing to the point where I know what I actually want, and what actually suits me. Problem is I'm basically paranoid. My next guitar will be probably the only guitar I buy for several years, so I want to make it count. Taking chances on a once-in-20-years purchase is just not me. And don't get me started on what I've been going through with amps!

Archived