Gibson Brands Forums

Granadillo? Whats Up?

eyerish

Do they make any with a hard tail bridge?
The Panther is only available with a Bigsby, but Gretsch also has several Non-Bigsby models. Les Paul fans might be interested in the semi hollow models like the Penguin, that look a bit like a LP, but have a closed hollow body. If you're interested in a Panther like sound, make sure to choose a model with Filtertron pickups.It's also worth mentioning, that there are not only the very expensive Pro Line models, but also e.g. the Korean made Electromatic series and even China made entry level models like the Jet Club. No matter of the origin, even on the China models, you usually find a quality being better than most competitors in the same price range.Maybe start with their website for a first overview and drop me a PN, if you have further questions:

http://www.gretschguitars.com

PS: The Blacktop Filtertron pickup of the Electromatic series sounds very different, than the original Filtertron of the Pro Line guitars.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh for crying out loud. Have you actually read any of the links in this thread?

'Granadillo' is officially classified as a Rosewood.

Stop saying it isn't a Rosewood.

It is a Rosewood.

End of story.

Oh my, I can't believe this is still being discussed!!!! at least 3 years

1466198230[/url]' post='1778487']

Oh my, I can't believe this is still being discussed!!!! at least 3 years

As long as the SigT e.g. can be found in shops, some people come late to the party ;) A quick research showed, that a last German shop still has a white one in stock.

The Signature T owners club at MyLesPaul is also still growing. But that discussion is more about it's quality, why it was a one year model only, and which modding options are recommendable.

Archived