Gibson Brands Forums

My new guitar case looks like a stromtroopers armour

Duende

No, it is an Eastman case (the same company that makes guitars) It is my second case I have bought from them. It is quite light and easy to move around... It isn't a flight case though [thumbup], I will carry on using my Hiscox case for that.

Matt

Very nice looking case, Matt. I like it a lot!

[thumbup]

What is it made from? Polycarbonate or fibreglass? Is the Hiscox case stronger - more 'airport proof'?

P.

...reliant on England's schooling, health care and employment [flapper]....Modern England is so very kind to us all isn't it? ;)

Matt

EDIT : Without wishing to go either too far off-topic or too political....[flapper]...to you too....[laugh]

It's generally accepted within the teaching profession that the Scottish education system works better than the one in place in England - have you any idea of the number of English students in the universities of Edinburgh, Glasgow or St Andrews, for example?

Also, from my experience of the health service in both countries, the healthcare in London is utterly atrocious if you can't afford to 'go private'.

As far as employment goes, everyone who lived in Scotland through the 'Thatcher Years' views that period from a different perspective from those who lived in the South-East of England at the time...

That's one reason there are so many of us 'Jocks' down here drinking 'your' warm beer and playing, ermmm, cricket(?)...lol!

[wink]

P.

Very nice looking case, Matt. I like it a lot!

[thumbup]

What is it made from? Polycarbonate or fibreglass? Is the Hiscox case stronger - more 'airport proof'?

P.

EDIT : Without wishing to go either too far off-topic or too political....[flapper]...to you too....[laugh]

It's generally accepted within the teaching profession that the Scottish education system works better than the one in place in England - have you any idea of the number of English students in the universities of Edinburgh, Glasgow or St Andrews, for example?

Also, from my experience of the health service in both countries, the healthcare in London is utterly atrocious if you can't afford to 'go private'.

As far as employment goes, everyone who lived in Scotland through the 'Thatcher Years' views that period from a different perspective from those who lived in the South-East of England at the time...

That's one reason there are so many of us 'Jocks' down here drinking 'your' warm beer and playing, ermmm, cricket(?)...lol!

[wink]

P.

Hi Puppy

Simon as usual posted his usual Dartth Vader pic (yawn :) ) so I thought I'd have a little fun back :). He can dish it out by the plenty but...But to answer your question it is fibre glass, so very light - I don't think airport proof though.

Re the 'back and forths'

I wasn't saying Scotland was reliant on England's schools, education etc - I was saying Simon was (and as a fellow English citizen, so am I!)

If I lived in Scotland I would think better than to bite the hand that feeds me. If I was that unhappy with everything; to the point I was finding constant fault I'd move back to England - I couldn't stand being so hypocritical. Americans friends I have spoke with have the same annoyance; people living there and reaping its many benefits, yet slagging it off at the same time. You don't like it? Go!

I respectfully disagree about the education, especially at degree level. In our small island, we are going to have lots of kids in various parts of the UK studying - St Andrews and Edinburgh have both excellent reputations - but like Warwick, for many people they end up there as a result of not getting into Oxford or Cambridge. In the pecking order these type of universities are are the next in line along with the more prestigious London universities such UCL, Kings College etc.

As for the standard of the NHS - friends, family (myself included) have had too notch care. I come from a family of nurses and my best friend is what we would have called a matron years ago. A combination of many conversations with these people and my own personal experience is what I base my opinion on.

Matt

1332420557[/url]' post='1157224']

Matt,

What was the extent of the damage to your last guitar???

Regards

The top of the neck got damaged: but Rik 2.0 is being built and old Rik has been fixed; but because of his frailties he is retired as a performing guitar and instead visits schools.

Matt

This banter and arguing about English vs Scotts or Irish is futile. It is the Trade Federation we should be concerned about.

THESE guitars are for the REPUBLIC. My allegiance is to the republic. To DEMOCRACY!

Still, I find clones are superior to droids.

What you should be concerned about, is the presence of a Sith. The Dark Side clouds everything.

1332423686[/url]' post='1157276']

This banter and arguing about English vs Scotts or Irish is futile. It is the Trade Federation we should be concerned about.

THESE guitars are for the REPUBLIC. My allegiance is to the republic. To DEMOCRACY!

Still, I find clones are superior to droids.

What you should be concerned about, is the presence of a Sith. The Dark Side clouds everything.

msp_thumbup.gif

LMAO Awesome!

Thanks for reining me in amigo :) Star Wars has the power to unite lol

Matt

But the next time I fly abroad for a concert I am going to book a seat on the plane. The month I am going isn't a tourist month so will only cost an extra £60 - so well worth it!

Matt

Don't use registered transport. Travel as refugees.

Archived