Gibson Brands Forums

Planet Waves Humidification System

balcorot

I recently received replacement gel paks for the recalled Planet Waves Humidification System. After I installed the newly improved product I found to my horror that one of the new gel paks had leaked and stained the top of my favorite guitar. I've notified Planet Waves and I'm waiting to hear what their response is.

I wasn't aware that they had released the new inserts yet, the Planet Waves site still shows them under recall and advises against use. are you sure you didn't just get a old pack of refils that was on a shelf somewhere?

I had five set's of these and sent them back waiting for new insert and Planet Waves finally just gave me credit saying it was unsure if or when the new packs would be released this was five or six months ago though?

I'm still waiting on them. I don't want to sue them........where's that going to get me? I just want to know from them how to get that gook off my guitar and the case . I've tried soap and water but the stuff won't come off. There are permanent stains on the top that look like water marks. I also have two Gibsons (J-45 and J-185ec) but the guitar that was damaged is my prized Lowden.

The good news about the Planet Waves Humidification system is that Mark, the customer relations director at PW, was very helpful and offered to examine pics of my damage and was sincere in making me whole. He is genuinely concerned about my problem. Actually, I was not interested in any refinishing remedy for two reasons. 1) I don't want to mess with the great sound of my Lowden by fooling with any finish changes, 2) I can live with some finish stains and store it in my "learning a lesson" file.

All should be aware that the gel packs are again pulled off the shelves and PW is back to the drawing board with the product.

Please, everyone still using the product.... do so with care!.

Tommy

I recently received replacement gel paks for the recalled Planet Waves Humidification System. After I installed the newly improved product I found to my horror that one of the new gel paks had leaked and stained the top of my favorite guitar. I've notified Planet Waves and I'm waiting to hear what their response is.

I'm just curious, but how long did you have them in before they leaked? I rechecked mine again yesterday and they look fine. They've been in for ~3 months now.

Humiliation system. Why do you need a Humiliation system. I need only attempt the solo in "Stairway" to feel humiliation. Hmmm, and why would such a system need gel bags (that leak).

I suppose if you got hit in the nads and it turned out to be quite humiliating then you might need cool gel packs to calm the offended nads. Hope they don't leak and stain your bean bag.

Archived