Gibson Brands Forums

Pole piece adjustment guide, Broadway humbuckers

Roosto7

On a Broadway, I would like to adjust the pole pieces, particularly the bridge. I don't want to go overboard, but just a little something. Is there a guide or chart or pics which shows how best to adjust the humbucker pole pieces?

On a Broadway, I would like to adjust the pole pieces, particularly the bridge. I don't want to go overboard, but just a little something. Is there a guide or chart or pics which shows how best to adjust the humbucker pole pieces?

Screw them CCW to raise them, and CW to lower them.

I'm sure there is somewhere. Sorry I can't help you out.

The guide that I use for all my guitars is my ears. I adjust until I like what I hear. [thumbup]

I just raised the ones on my SG Jr. yesterday. Nice improvement.

The guide that I use for all my guitars is my ears. I adjust until I like what I hear. [thumbup]

I just raised the ones on my SG Jr. yesterday. Nice improvement.

+1

The best method by far IMHO, just have to be wary of the magnetic field not getting too close to the strings.

You could "Radius" The pole pieces. To make them the same distance from the bottom of the strings. "E" strings no adjustment. A and B strings 1 full turn. D and G strings 2 full turns. This will be about right for a 12" radius neck. The G pole piece may make the G string loud as it is not a wound string. Gibson used to do this to the Les Paul PAFs in the early 50's when wound G strings were used.

You could "Radius" The pole pieces. To make them the same distance from the bottom of the strings. "E" strings no adjustment. A and B strings 1 full turn. D and G strings 2 full turns. This will be about right for a 12" radius neck. The G pole piece may make the G string loud as it is not a wound string. Gibson used to do this to the Les Paul PAFs in the early 50's when wound G strings were used.

Hi Snick. I have a wound G.

This is only a guide. If one string seems louder than another adjust until it evens out. with the surrounding strings. I have a guitar that has only the A and D poles raised to inject a bit more mids in the mix. That was after I lowered the base side of the pickup itself by 1/32 of an inch.

Archived