Gibson Brands Forums

Black Heart B5112?

saturn

Theres one of these for sale locally and I was considering snatching it up and selling my Vox AD50VT to make room. The Vox is OK, but I only use a few of the amp models and 90% of the time I keep it on the AC30 setting.

The only concern I have is, will 5 watts be loud enough to use at band practice or other basement jams? The guy selling it says it's as loud as his other 30 watt amps. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

It depends on how loud the rest of the players are, particularly the drummer. On the whole though, 5 watts isn't going to cut it in a band situation without micing it through a PA. My Fender Champ is in the same power range and there is no way it would keep up with the guys in my band.

I have a Epiphone Valve Junior Head and Cab with a 12" and I also have a Fender Champ 600 both are supposed to be 5 watts but the Valve Jr is much louder when compared using a 12" speaker on both. The Fender Champ has less gain because of its circuit and it has a Negative Feedback resistor, it can be removed for what I understand but then you loose headroom.

I am sure the BH5112 would be as loud as a VJ, I think it would do just fine in a basement but other than than I am not sure.

oh and i have the epi VJ and its plenty loud too... i think im going to get another epi cab because it sounds really good with the bleackheart. i havent heard the blackheart cab but there arent any dealers near me and id hate to get one and wish i got the epi cab

Archived