Gibson Brands Forums

Recording Help From You Tech Savy Folks

Namvet

I'm trying my hand at recording and after downloading a practice run, I can't get the file to link to e-mails or the forum. Any suggestions on how to make this happen? The recording is transferred to computer as a WAV file into my music (realplayer). I can play it back and copy to CD. Thanks in advance. By the way, I'm kinda computer dumb in this aspect.

Open an account on youtube, post your clips and you're good to go. You can adjust your settings so your youtube files are viewable only when you provide the link. The link can be attached to an email or post on the forum.

And welcome home, Bro', from an ol' dogface. [thumbup]

Open an account on youtube, post your clips and you're good to go. You can adjust your settings so your youtube files are viewable only when you provide the link. The link can be attached to an email or post on the forum.

And welcome home, Bro', from an ol' dogface. [thumbup]

Thnx and "welcome Home" to you. Raised a Marine brat but did my time as a dogface also.

Hello,

You may want to check the file size of the WAV (they tend to be HUGE) and it will probably be too big for an email. What you should do is convert the WAV to and MP3 (will go from like 50mb to 3 or 4mb).. many bits of software do that including Itunes.

For file sizes right click on the file and go to properties and it will tell you. :)

You can upload to Youtube or Soundcloud.. both are free and easy. Then copy the web site link when its uploaded and you can share your music that way.

The song is one I wrote and am in the process of creating the master. Just need to add the vocal track. Thus far I've laid down the rythmn track (with the Les Paul)and lead track (with the SG). May have the opportunity to get it played at a local Memorial Weekend event. You guys will get to hear it first. (Think the wife is getting tired of listening to it over and over and over as I work on it). It's about parents who've lost children. Originally had Gold Star Mothers in mind when I wrote it.

Archived