Gibson Brands Forums

Can Epiphone announce Ace Les Paul Status?

RUSHian

Can Epiphone announce Ace Les Paul Status? I'm hearing different stories- I heard there not coming until Late June? I may rethink my pre order.

If you have a pre-order, hold on to it, as Damian mentioned they're all sold out now. Jim mentions it in a thread earlier today.

Jim's Thread

The status report from sweetwater is they are in a pickle. They are canceling alot of pre-orders. Turns out gibson/epiphone promised alot of retailers guitars and can not make good on it. So if your someone that didnt pay in full a few months ago to ensure you get the guitar. you are SOL. How i found this out was i got a call this morning saying my pre order was canceled. Well turns out they had no record of payment under my name. So i was bummed. The guitar is a gift from my mom so i contacted her going well hey you know they never took out the money for that guitar you better call and find out whats going on. She said BS, i have the rout number on the transfer and online reciept of purchase from sweetwater. So After some phone calls and sweetwaters accounting, turns out the guitar is purchased, but not under my name.. but my moms. So sweetwater has to honor my purchase because it was ordered and payed for the very same day on time.

Oh deliever date may 15th for me.

I posted all I've heard, so far, on this thread (last post on the page).

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/78953-epi-ace-budokan-lp/page__st__40

I haven't heard anything new, other than what swishersweet is posting.

So looks like they'll be arriving mid-May to mid-June depending on where you bought it.

GC is still not advertising theirs and most other sites that have it listed show it either as "discontinued" or "sold out".

As swishersweet stated, if you didn't pay for it "in full" when you ordered you may be get bumped for somebody who did.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted all I've heard, so far, on this thread (last post on the page).

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/78953-epi-ace-budokan-lp/page__st__40

I haven't heard anything new, other than what swishersweet is posting.

So looks like they'll be arriving mid-May to mid-June depending on where you bought it.

GC is still not advertising theirs and most other sites that have it listed show it either as "discontinued" or "sold out".

As swishersweet stated, if you didn't pay for it "in full" when you ordered you may be get bumped for somebody who did.

Figure give a update on the guitar situation.

Emailed my online dealer from sweetwater. Andy Miller, He informed me my order should be in by may 18, inspected and shipped out by the 20th. unless gibson/epiphone decides to push it backwards. Im assuming when he says backwards it could arrive sooner.

I personally feel the way gibson/epiphone went about to sell these guitars was pretty shady. I have seen alot of broken heart stories lately on forums about these guitars. People under the impression they were in line for one and paying in full on the spot wasn't needed right away. Payment only needed until it was time for official release. Now people are finding out they are not available to them period anymore. With limited runs like this i guess its to be expected. I feel its shady because they should of had these guitars all 1,000 made. Sitting in a warehouse and have exact numbers to which dealers get what and make it a first come first served process. Once orders are made they should of been in peoples hands over 2 months ago just like the high end versions.

Only real life sighting of these guitars i have seen was on a video for winter NAMM and some music fest over seas. Makes me wounder what a real production model of these guitars are going to end up like. hopefully no bait in switch happens.

Anyone know what the inside of the case color is going to be?

Figure give a update on the guitar situation.

Emailed my online dealer from sweetwater. Andy Miller, He informed me my order should be in by may 18, inspected and shipped out by the 20th. unless gibson/epiphone decides to push it backwards. Im assuming when he says backwards it could arrive sooner.

I personally feel the way gibson/epiphone went about to sell these guitars was pretty shady. I have seen alot of broken heart stories lately on forums about these guitars. People under the impression they were in line for one and paying in full on the spot wasn't needed right away. Payment only needed until it was time for official release. Now people are finding out they are not available to them period anymore. With limited runs like this i guess its to be expected. I feel its shady because they should of had these guitars all 1,000 made. Sitting in a warehouse and have exact numbers to which dealers get what and make it a first come first served process. Once orders are made they should of been in peoples hands over 2 months ago just like the high end versions.

Only real life sighting of these guitars i have seen was on a video for winter NAMM and some music fest over seas. Makes me wounder what a real production model of these guitars are going to end up like. hopefully no bait in switch happens.

Anyone know what the inside of the case color is going to be?

Jim mentions it in a thread earlier today.g.gif

Release date should be June indeed, but it can always change of course.

Thanks for the update! Hopefully this is close to an official word. I've had mine on order since January or so. I just had shoulder surgery and won't be playing for a while, but have been willing to be patient regardless.

I've noticed on some other forums that folks are starting to cancel orders in favor of currently-available models because of conflicting info coming from their retailers regarding delivery dates and the lack of official word from Epiphone/Gibson. Some have also had problems with internet retailers who without warning cancel back-orders after a certain interval. (Go figure.) Mine's ordered through a local shop that has a long-standing relationship with Gibson, so I'm hoping not to have such problems.

Fred

I think what it is, is ...when he gets confirmation that the order is ready for pick-up you go with him to GC and it's yours, or you go to their house after they pick it up and pay and get delivery?

I wouldn't pay without having it right in front of me and $1500.00 may be a lil' steep for asking, although we'll see after they've come out. Ebay will tell ...lol.

I don't think he's actually selling his "space in line".

Here's the ad:

Epi Ace Budo on CL

He also states in the ad that "he will accept the best offer over $1500.00".

If these pull $1500.00 2nd hand, right out of the gate, I'm thinkin' bigger bucks down the road.

Not a bad investment for $799 and a few months waiting if this turns out true.

I think what it is, is ...when he gets confirmation that the order is ready for pick-up you go with him to GC and it's yours, or you go to their house after they pick it up and pay and get delivery?

I wouldn't pay without having it right in front of me and $1500.00 may be a lil' steep for asking, although we'll see after they've come out. Ebay will tell ...lol.

I don't think he's actually selling his "space in line".

Here's the ad:

Epi Ace Budo on CL

He also states in the ad that "he will accept the best offer over $1500.00".

If these pull $1500.00 2nd hand, right out of the gate, I'm thinkin' bigger bucks down the road.

Not a bad investment for $799 and a few months waiting if this turns out true.

seems almost everyday on different forums i will read a new post about another person getting a canceled order from music friends or zzounds. I got a feeling a few people will take advantage of the high demand for the guitar and sell their guitar on ebay for 2k or more even. Like you pointed out the guy on craiglist wants 1500 as the lowest he will go.

I dont doubt a bunch of D-bag autograph broker sharks will have a few of these guitars and go to a ace autograph signing sessions and pay the 500$ to get it signed then turn around and sell it on ebay for a crazy amount of money like 10k.

Im crossing my fingers i still get mine in may

I just chatted with my local retailer, who called Epi to get a status on my order. They told him that based on my order date in early January I "should be okay." He wasn't sure what was going on with the other retailers, but felt it might be that they oversold their quotas, and now some of the last folks to order were getting theirs clipped because of it. Apparently that's common for limited runs.

He also noted that although I was originally told May 15 for a ship date (and this was back in January), it still might take a few weeks to get out of the plant and to the store. So I will sit here with my fingers crossed. Just started -post-surgery physical therapy on my shoulder today, so it's not like I'm going to be playing until well into June anyway...

Fred

Yeah, for almost 3 times what this one is going for.

I'll pass.

I'm not looking to buy that one.

I have mine on order ...and so far so good (no cancellation emails or letters).

I'm just pointing out the already insane pricing that's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived