Gibson Brands Forums

How About a Green Ringer Octave Clone?

bluesguitar65

Man, this DIY pedal building really got the hold on me. I've been having fun building my own pedals. Here is my latest build that I just finished, took me only two hours and went smoothly, very easy build IMHO. It sounds great! Haven't been shooting any demos of the pedals I've done lately, TS808 clone, Loop switch and this Green Ringer Octave clone. May shoot some demo this weekend, but first I have build three more pedals, a Marshall Bluesbreaker clone, a BSIAB (Brown Sound in a Box) pedal, suppose to sound like a Vintage Marshall Plexi, and a PT80 delay pedal, suppose to be a clone of a vintage Ibanez delay pedal.

Well, here is my latest build so far [flapper] [flapper]

img0446r.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2012-04-11

img0445dm.jpg

img0444s.jpg

Man that looks nice. You've really cleaned up your soldering and wiring! The PCB standoffs are nice too.

You should get a couple cans of rustoleum and paint that box! It's really easy to get a good finish.

Thanks Dubs [thumbup]

Yea, I need to start working on the exterior part of the pedals I've built. What do you do and use for the custom logos and labels?

Thanks!

Does look cool, really looking forward to the SOUND ;). For painting (if it were me, I'd probably just leave it at paint, and paint them near the color of what they clone, such as the medium green of the TS 808 for example).

If you want printing/graphics etc., I'd imagine you can come up with something on the 'puter that suits you, and print it onto some sort of decal/peel and stick material that you could probably pick up at an office supply? (May depend on your printer).

If you want printing/graphics etc., I'd imagine you can come up with something on the 'puter that suits you, and print it onto some sort of decal/peel and stick material that you could probably pick up at an office supply? (May depend on your printer).

Sticker paper works - water slide decals work better, I'll try to post some pics of each.

Thanks Dubs [thumbup]

Yea, I need to start working on the exterior part of the pedals I've built. What do you do and use for the custom logos and labels?

Thanks!

I've done screenprinting and I've cut stencils and spray painted them. Personally I like the way the stencil stuff looks. You'd probably dig waterslide decals like Surfpup said.

Water slide decals work pretty nicely on light colored pedals.

Yea, I was looking at those water slide decals. I don't have a color laser printer at home, only a color ink jet and a B&W laser printer. I don't think an inkjet would work on a water slide....right? [flapper]

Does look cool, really looking forward to the SOUND ;). For painting (if it were me, I'd probably just leave it at paint, and paint them near the color of what they clone, such as the medium green of the TS 808 for example).

Yes...my thoughts also. Thinking of renaming my TS808 clone as the "valve yeller" VY808 :) [flapper]

Yea, I was looking at those water slide decals. I don't have a color laser printer at home, only a color ink jet and a B&W laser printer. I don't think an inkjet would work on a water slide....right? [flapper]

Go to kinkos. Those decal sheets can completely destroy your printer anyways. Better to destroy a printer at kinkos.

I cut them out on thick glossy photo paper with an exacto knife.

I've wanted to do this, but my art/drawing skills are weak. I can make stuff on the computer and print on the water slides - which are will goop up your printer for sure! Maybe I can try printing then cutting to make a stencil.

Archived